12 posts in this topic

Does anyone use a 15' ugly stick or any other 15' rod? I was looking at them but wasnt sure how good they would be casting into the surf.

I have a 15 and a 13. The tips are VERY light. So light that I can't use more than a 4 oz sinker with a small bait.

They are fine for Kings, blues and Rock that are out a ways but not for sharkin.

Somebody might make a 15' with medium-heavy action, dunno....

Coop just bought a light tip heaver, don't know the length.

Used to have a 14 I like the 12's better.

Have one and it has done me well. I have pulled in some big fish with it just last year landed a 44" Red Drum around 55+ pounds, takes some getting uded to tossing it becouse of the flex in the tip but I can toss 8 and a head a good distence...

Im still undecided between the 12' and the 15' :roll:

never used a 15 footer, but in general I like softer tips / slower action rods - long as it doesn't interfere too much with your casting style ...it helps when fighting fish - less shock on your line when fighting a fish

I have a 15 but I find that me being vertically challenged (5' 8") I throw the 12's better and farther. I had a buddy that could crack a 15' spinner like no one else. So its really up to what you can handle. See if you have a buddy that you could fish with that has one and try casting it for a while to see if you like it. I haven't used my 15 in about 4 years (its a sea hawk fiberglass not an Ugly Stick)

I have a 10' now and like it but I wanted a 12' or 15' for the further casting distance. Going to BPS tonight, so I will get something tonight lol

I'll have my 15' Ulgy down at the Fling your more then welcome to give it a few tosses..

thank you. If i decide not to get it i will def try the 15' at the fling