8 posts in this topic

hello everyone, I am new to the board and just wanted to introduce myself.

I am a 24 yr. old male who loves to fish. There that about sums it up.

welcome aboard.

what kinda fishin do you like to do?

Welcome to the board. Please feel free to post any fishing reports. I hear you are the man when it comes to shark fishin on the beach? 8)

Welcome aboard pier man :D ! Another shark fisher?,,, 8)

Welcome to the forum pier man!

What is your fortay?

well, thanks for the warm welcome. I actually don'tm have as much experience as it may sound like. When I was like 8 or 9 I was on Jennettes pier down in the OBX and saw someone pull in a 365 lb. lemon shark. That friggin thing was huge! like more than twice as long as I was tall! I was 8 or 9 and ALREADY fascinated with shark fishing. I got my first job when I was like 15, saved my first 2 checks and bought a penn 115L 9/0 and I have it loaded with dacron. I spend a lot of my time at home making rigsand searching the internet about beach sharking. Fishing is the one love that keeps me alive. I just don't get to do it a lot. I think there was a 5 year period when I didn't see the ocean at all. this past year I have been able to fish again and I am making the most of it. I am hoping to go to the OBX this weekend for some sharks and drum if the bite is on. I will keep you all informed.

Argh Matey, dems just a wee Chark, only 365 pounds. We use them to pull us in the yaks, kind'a like skiing! Den we smack 'em on the backside fer 'nother ride! Aye, hard to stand up an grin at the same time!

<NOT!>

That Penn 115L is a sweetie, I bought one this summer, got Ande 60# green on it. I yakked out the bait about maybe quarter/half mile maybe and thought I'd better leave some on the reel for the fight. I got back in and it looked like I didn't even take any line off! Thing must hold 5000 feet, dunno'.

But it's a SWEET reel, gotta' get another one.

Have fun in OBX, please take many pics!