11 posts in this topic

Hopped on North of IRI 7/9 and this black trailblazer? from VA is buried to the frame. No beach tag, no equipment, no air down, no clue what to do. Why do ppl think just because it says 4X4 they can relive a TV commercial?

black trailblazer? from VA is buried to the frame. Why do ppl think just because it says 4X4 they can relive a TV commercial?

Hmmm, "Like a Rock":lol:

I'll confess that last time out I didn't air down...never had a problem before. What I forgot is that I got new tires a month ago and they had those buggers at 35lbs!!!!! A storm kicked up so I started to load up and went to move the truck and went straight down. I however stopped right away and aired em down brfore doing anything else. Good thing too because with the storm no one was around, I would have been there for a while.

I do think for my sequoia that 25 will be my summer pressure. Rides nice on the road and transitions to the beach nicely.

I had a 2x4 I took out on AI ONE TIME. Got over the entry dune and buried myself. Kept my shades on and lowered my hat brim to hide from the embarassment. Got pulled to the pumps right away by someone in a truck/camper rig. Shortly thereafter bought a 4x4.

This was MOONS ago....

Many of these folks simply just don't know. It's not a matter of being stoopid because they just didn't know. Now, if they do it twice, shame on them.... I'd rank the 2nd timers up there with the red hummer in the wash.

Ok I admit ... back in 95 I had a 2x4 Isuzu Rodeo. I loved to fish but really did not have a clue ... I really had no one to teach me and boards like these did not exist yet. I brought my gear down to the outerbanks for a weekend work group getaway (it was free accomodations so what the heck) We wanted to go to the backbay side of Avon and everyone I was with said lets drive to the water. Well obviously NONE of us knew. Its lucky there were 6 of us to push us out. I now have a 4x4 but still do not go on the beach (its a dually and she weighs in at 4 tons). You can't expect everyone to know everything but you do expect the common sense to not repeat the same mistakes.

Ok - this was NOT (I REPEAT ---NOT me...i wasn't even in the car!) but my beautiful wife told me the story once that she and her 84 yr old grandmother tried to take a minivan onto a certain beach....got about 4 foot onto the sand and got stuck....some guy pulled them out (no doubt shaking his head the whole way and posting the story online later - wasn't one of you guys was it? hehe....)

once i went there and there were 4 kids in a red kia sephia or whatever they are,about 6 feet in the entrance.let them stuggle till i let the air out of my tires then helped them out.pulled out a 2 wheel drive jeep xj that actually made pretty far past the entrance.i was like just put it in 4wd,he looked at like i was speaking spanish.1st 2wd jeep i ever saw.pulled out some lady in an explorer then found out she didnt leave air out of her tires.pulled a fulsize bronco that was first stuck then woulnt start about 1/2 mile till i started to overheat.then some dude in a deisel came over and took him the rest of the way.seen quite a few stuck people that i just didnt have time to help or other people were already helping.got to be carefull

Oh yeah. I forgot about this one....

Way back when (same many moons ago as above) I bought a 1989 Dodge 4x4, I was returning after a fair day of beaching a mess of Blues. I was WAYYYY down the beach. I had run over some brush before I started fishing but it wasn't a problem and I thought nothing about it.

I jump in to head for the air station and it wouldn't start. No click, no whiring, no nothing! Finally I stop the only vehicle on the sand, a tiny thing like a Nissan pickup or something like it. He pulls me ALL the way to the air station. I talk with a few of the guys there and one says "Did ya check the interlock?" I'm like HUH?

Well, come to find out, Dodge routed the gear selector safety switch wire for the tranny on the bottom under the trans. Evidently the brush had pulled the plug off and that's why it wouldn't start.

Needless to say, I used a few nylon zip ties (always have some) and lashed it up so it would never happen again.

How that little thing pulled me all the way and didn't overheat I don't know, but he did it.

Talk about embarassing, little tow vehicle, big truck....:oops::oops:

My 1980 datsun pickup 4X4 was the latest mini 4 wheeler out at the time and the sheet metal was just a hair thicker than a beer can. The cab was just big enough to shift gears without hitting the passengers leg. My future sister-in-law bought me a gift for chilly days on the point, 12V cig lighter coffee maker. The first time I used it was the last. It made great java but when I went to start the truck, the tiny four banger barely rolled over. That cup of brew was going to cost me dearly. With night setting in early in the fall, I was scanning for another rig to get a jump. By dark, my saviour came cruising by. He offered me a jump but in his haste or lack of light, he proceeded to weld my battery terminals by crossing the jumper cable polarity. Day light returned for a few seconds until he realized his mistake. After a big Oooops and a switcheroo, the Datsun came to life. I husseled off in the darkness and proceeded home. After 10 minutes, I noticed the headlights growing dimmer and dimmer. The volt gauge was reading low but I had another 15 miles to go. I rolled into the driveway via one candle power headlights, whew! Repairs commenced the next morn; the new battery & alternator were expensive but the pleasure of taking a hammer to that coffee maker was priceless.

A few years back I was near rhe entrance and saw a suburban older model, framed out blocking up everything, so with the chevy sucks ford rules mentality I figured I would pull him out with my 96 Exploder, pulled in front of him as his wife directed and I got out to hook up to him, he then asked if I would pull him out from behind. I jump in my ford turn the key and kit the gas, ended up sinking like a ship hit by a torpedo. I then dug myself out then pulled him out. I learned not to stop on the entrance. My little 4.0 had no prob, pulling that tank though.

I did once see four little old ladies in a toyota camry, buried to the doors right at the entrance as a tow truck was pulling them out and the park ranger writing out the fine. thought it was hysterical.