Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
linchao

Joel Edmundson Jersey

1 post in this topic

— The NFL’s active career rushing leader may still be a starter at age 35.

Frank Gore is listed as sharing the No. 1 running back spot with incumbent Kenyan Drake on the first depth chart of training camp for the Miami Dolphins.

Gore signed with his hometown team in March and was widely expected to fill the role of veteran backup. He’s awfully experienced for a feature back Luke Schenn Jersey Kids , with 13 seasons and 196 games of mileage.

But that mileage translates into lots of yardage — 14,026 yards, to be exact, which ranks behind only Emmitt Smith, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders and Curtis Martin.

And 10 practices into camp, Gore shows no sign he has lost a step.

“I’m not surprised,” coach Adam Gase said Monday. “He’s just been proving everybody wrong for so many years. You just never doubt that guy.”

Gase, Gore and Drake all described as no big deal the depth chart, especially one posted leading up to the first exhibition game. But Gore has enjoyed showing in practice he can still play.

“I come out here and compete every day,” he said. “Not just with Drake, but with every guy at my position. I think we all push and help each other. With me Womens Paul Byron Jersey , whatever my coaches want me to do this year, I’m going to do it.”

Drake could yet prove difficult to dislodge from the No. 1 job. He ranked sixth in the NFL last year with an average of 4.8 yards per carry, topping 100 yards in consecutive games after he became the starter in Week 13.

“I don’t think anybody really cares about where they are on the depth chart before preseason even starts,” Drake said. “We’ve got to go out there and earn our spots.”

Gore said Drake is worthy friendly competition.

“Kenyan is a very talented guy,” Gore said. He’s smart; he can do everything on the field. I think that me and him can really help this team be successful this year.”

That would be a change. The Dolphins went 6-10 last season, when they ranked 28th in both points and rushing.

They expect to have a more potent offense this year with an upgraded line, the return of Ryan Tannehill and their new running back, who’s not new to the NFL at all.

Gore has started every game since 2012. Last year he averaged a career-worst 3.7 yards per carry for the Indianapolis Colts, but they provided little room to run, and he did reach the 100-yard mark twice in the season’s final month.

He was thrilled at the chance to return to South Florida, where he was born and raised and starred for the Miami Hurricanes. The homecoming makes even Thursday’s mostly meaningless game against Tampa Bay special to Gore, because he’s playing for Miami again.

“Pop Warner Joel Edmundson Jersey , high school, college and now the NFL,” he said. “I want to do some great things for my city and for my team. I want to show guys that when they get up in age, if you love the game and you go out and work hard, it shouldn’t matter what age you are. That’s what my goal is this year.”

If he starts, that’s a bonus.

INDIANAPOLIS — With the Indiana Pacers unable to move up from the No. 5 seed in the Eastern Conference, the team will likely have a new look for the regular-season finale on Tuesday night against Charlotte.

For the Pacers to have reached the No. 4 spot, the Cleveland Cavaliers had to lose back-to-back games to the New York Knicks. But after Cavs beat the Knicks on Monday night, Pacers coach Nate McMillan is expected to rest his starters and key reserves quite a bit against the Hornets.

Rest might be welcome thing.

“Yeah, I thought that they fought through some fatigue,” McMillan said of his players in Sunday’s 123-117 win at Charlotte. “Even though we won, I thought that we were flat for most of this game. We found a way to get some energy. I thought the bench came in and gave us a lot of energy and played well to help us get this win.”

Pacers center/forward Domantas Sabonis scored a career-high 30 points.

“My teammates were trusting me like always and I do my best to finish Brock Boeser Jersey ,” Sabonis told Fox Sports Indiana. “I love it here. It’s been a very fun year. I love my teammates, coaching staff and I’m just happy to represent Indiana.”

Sabonis averages 11.7 points and 7.7 rebounds.

“He’s always crashing the boards, plays well in the pick-and-roll, a very, very smart IQ guy,” Pacers point guard Cory Joseph said.

After scoring below double figures for the first time all season Friday night with five points in a loss at Toronto, Pacers leading scorer Victor Oladipo bounced back with 27 points.

The Hornets were plagued by 22 turnovers, and Charlotte coach Steve Clifford said in four of the last five games turnovers have been the difference.

“I think we’re first or second in the NBA in taking care of the basketball, but four of the last five games we’ve had 17 or 18 turnovers, which is more product of playing more guys and something that you can live with,” he said. “So we did some good things. Those guys in the fourth quarter did a good job, so we’ll go there on Tuesday and see if we can put together longer periods of good play.”

Clifford said he will start thinking about the offseason later. After the Hornets won four in a row Alex Burmistrov Jersey , they have lost five of the last six games.

“It’s been important to me that we play these games well so in nine of the last 10 we’ve been pretty good, competitive and organized,” he said. “So we’ve been putting just as much into these games as we have all year and frankly you worry about the next season in the next season.

“I want to win Tuesday and I want (the players) to, too. So I haven’t even thought about stuff like that.”

Hornets rookie guard Malik Monk, who averages 6.5 points, has scored 20 or more points in the last three games.

Clifford said Monk has gotten better with his pick-and-roll game and has been more efficient offensively.

“The thing he is doing better is he’s making plays for other people,” Clifford said.

Clifford has noticed Monk’s assists-to-turnovers numbers have been solid recently as well.

“That to me is as much of an indicator as anything of the growth that he’s made in terms of learning how to play in a manner that both he can score and the rest of the guys can play well when he’s on the floor,” he said. “In this league at his size (6 feet 3), pick and roll is going to be a big part of it.”

Oakland Raiders Jerseys