13 posts in this topic

What a disappointment... The Shamrock/Ortiz fight was an absolute joke with Ortiz elbowing Shamrock 4 times and topping the fight unexpectedly in about 45 seconds into the fight. I'm not too sure about that ref stoppage. :eusa_doh:

The Arlovski/silvia fight was a borrrring 5 rounds of boxing with silvia taking the unanimous decision. Like I said, very disappointing.

The other fights were the opposite with real action. :eusa_clap: They almost made up for the $40 bucks for the fights.

Crap!,,,forgot all about UFC saturday,,,I guess Iam glad I didnt get it since the big fights were dull,,,shamrock has no business being in the,,,ortiz would of killed him anyway.

I was so mad. I thought the fights would have been better.

I was pissed! There was almost a riot at Hooters where I watched the fight! I think Arlovski should have got the decision just because he was the aggressor and had better octagon control, silvia just waited for countering. I think they both respected what the other could do too much that they both played it too safe. I wanted Tito to win but not like that.

me too. Although shamrock wast defending himself with that series of 4 or 5 elbows

That second one shows wins over Cro Cop, Sakuraba, Mark Hunt, Quintin Jackson, some fo the toughest guys around.

I cant wait to see the fight card for Aug 26th

I'm guessing we should see Hughes vs GSP sometime in the next few months, possibly a mid oct fight.

I think there are going to be a lot of good fights coming in the next months

Silva is definately one bad dude and his fight with Chuck will be quick. UFC rules are a lot more restrictive than pride. Either a quick knockout or quick ref stoppage.

The fight with GSP and Hughes is going to be good. I have liked both fighters for some time, but GSP is dynamic and he deserves the shot.

I give GSP a 40/60 chance in that one, I'd love to see it be a war to remember.

Vandy could end up walking into a blast from Chuck, or getting DQ'd from kneeing/soccer kicking him on the ground or something. I don't know how Chuck will handle him, he's an animal.

Chuck is much bigger though. Silva doesn't go much over 205 chuck probably walks around at 240. Good news for Silva is that he will be coming off the Open Weight GP in Pride and he has been fighting the best heavy weights in the world so a 205 Chuck won't be bad at all after a 260 Fujita.

i think chuck is going to wait for the opening and then let the hands go. Chuck is a powerful dude and I think he will beat him.

Chuck is powerful, you have to remember he got handled when he was in Pride and Silva has been the champ over there for a long time.

I can't wait either way, if Chuck wins that paves the way for more crossover fights. If Silva wins I doubt Dana White will throw any more of his champions in the ring against guys they can't beat. That will totally discredit the UFC, I never thought he'd do this to begin with.