14 posts in this topic

Anyone ever have their rod not come apart. I have a 10 foot rod and it will not come apart for anything. Ive tried wd40 and everything. It just wont come apart. Any tips would help.

yeah, my Penn did that. I let it sit in the hot sun one day and it finally came apart.

mine does it too. When you get it apart, put a dap grease and you should be good to go for the next time. :lol:

Use the dry silicone powder or spray.

Or graphite powder.

try whipping it up and down or side to side real fast for a few seconds then have someone else hold onto one section as you hold the other and twist opposite directions, rubber gloves help. be sure not to use a guide for leverage no matter how tempting it is.

gary

naa just think of it this way, now ya have a one pice rod :roll::) and don't worry about it.

Try pouring some very cold ice water over it , or wrap it, at the joint, with ice and towels for a while, and pull it apart, someone on both ends. Rubber gloves help to grip. Then keep it lubed with something. A powder would probably be best. Read about this method in some fishing mag.

I had that problem once and all I had to do was drill a hole in the rod to release the suction. I had mine greased though so I knew it wasn't just friction.

an old trick showed my grandpa was it roll the male section of blank in your hair. Im not implying that all of us italians are greasy. My friend got a brand new pen 12 footer and he got water or somin in between them and tried takin it apart and his rod blew up. he said it souned like a .22

an old trick showed my grandpa was it roll the male section of blank in your hair. Im not implying that all of us italians are greasy. My friend got a brand new pen 12 footer and he got water or somin in between them and tried takin it apart and his rod blew up. he said it souned like a .22

:lol: funny you say that but now that you mention that, I remember my grandfather saying to roll the male end along the side of you nose to pick-up some grease:shock: now Im not implying all of us englishmen have greasy noses:tongue:

I'd better not touch this topic....:eusa_naughty: :)

:lol: funny you say that but now that you mention that, I remember my grandfather saying to roll the male end along the side of you nose to pick-up some grease:shock: now Im not implying all of us englishmen have greasy noses:tongue:

We must have had the same grandfather! My kids laugh at me when I told them, but then they look at my cell phone face and know there's plenty of natural lubricants to go around.:lol:

before you drill a hole in your rod, remove the tip guide with heat. most rods are hollow to the end and if you remove the tip guide the vacuum will be released.

let us know if you got it.

gary

We must have had the same grandfather! My kids laugh at me when I told them, but then they look at my cell phone face and know there's plenty of natural lubricants to go around.:lol:

:lol: guess they never heard of silcone spray back then:)