8 posts in this topic

Have any of you used them and are they worth it? I've been reading about them and I hate the thought of the prices of fresh blood worms...UGH!!! People are raving about them, but would like to hear from you guys...Whenever I put a worm on a hook, no matter what kind it is, it is gone when I reel in the next time and I am tired of spending my hard earned money on worms that disappear!

Janice

MrsCharms, Excellent product,,,they dont ever go bad and they stay on the hook. I use them quite a bit for small fish in the surf. Sometimes I use cut bait and cap them with the fishbites,,,this combo seems to work great for kings.

I have only used the artificial FISH BAITS brand, and they work as well, or better than Bloods. They stay on hook, and are not messy. They last a long time in tackle box as they do not melt, or die. In very warm water they do tend to disolve over a period of time, but it takes very warm water.

I have caught Kings, Spot and Croakers on them so far. I use a piece about 3/8 of an inch long. Try them, you will like them.

Austin

I have used "fishbites" bloodworm alternative in the surf and the bays and they work excellent. However, I have also tried them in the Nanticoke River twice now and didn't even get a bite after several hours of fishing. :?:

I have used them many times myself and like them a lot. Way less money than the real thing and as mentioned in most of the above posts, they last longer, aren't messy and have a very long shelf life. Be sure to bring scissors with you, the mesh that is left on your hook after the other stuff desolves is sometimes hard to pull off. Scissors make it easier to just cut it off than pulling and tugging on it. You won't be disappointed if you buy them, I wasn't.

Scott

Don't worry about them dissolving in warm water. If something doesn't bite it before it dissolves then there wasn't anything there to catch.

Last week I used them in the FL Keys. The fish loved them. Then again, anything I threw in they bit on. A nice cheap can of corn works too.

I do however, recommend Fish Bites fake bloodworms. Use a piece about this big ===.

I'll go and get some tomorrow at Gander Mt...they should have them. Hopefully going out tomorrow, but these winds are looking iffy...and I get seasick from too much rocking of the boat lol.

Janice