Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
linchao

Vernon Hargreaves III Jersey

1 post in this topic

Taylor Lewan answered the biggest question for the Tennessee Titans heading into training camp by showing up for work along with the rest of his teammates.

How long it takes to get a new contract for the two-time Pro Bowl left tackle remains to be seen.

General manager Jon Robinson said they're making good progress T.J. Ward Jersey , even if he isn't ready to say when that might be wrapped up.

"It's good to have him back," Robinson said Wednesday after the Titans reported for camp. "I know that our coaches are excited to work with him and had really good discussions over the last 24 hours with his representation and nothing's finalized. But I would say we're certainly headed in the right direction."

Robinson said contract talks had been going on the past couple days and ramped up Tuesday night.

"I'd say we've made really good progress and that's about all I can really comment on that for now," Robinson said.

With the Titans firing Mike Mularkey in January after the franchise's first playoff victory in 14 years, Lewan took part in the team's voluntary offseason program with new coach Mike Vrabel . Then Lewan skipped the mandatory minicamp in June over a lack of progress in contract talks.

The left tackle is due $9.34 million this season after Tennessee picked up the fifth-year option for the 11th selection overall out of Michigan in the 2014 draft. He has started 53 of 58 games, including every game the past two seasons, protecting quarterback Marcus Mariota's back. Lewan, who turned 27 last weekend, is younger than Nate Solder who became the league's highest-paid offensive lineman in March with a four-year, $62 million deal from the New York Giants.

Lewan and the rest of the Titans showed up on Wednesday for the start of training camp, joining quarterbacks, rookies and injured players who started last weekend.

The left tackle was not among the handful of players made available to reporters Wednesday. Veteran linebacker Brian Orakpo Cody Latimer Jersey , going into the final season of his contract, was glad Lewan reported since that means both sides must be talking again.

"I know what he brings to the table, so hopefully I mean stuff can get done and we can play ball and move forward," Orakpo said. "Nobody really wants to be worried about contract situations when we're trying to be you know coming together as a team. And they understand that, Taylor understands this so hopefully get it done sooner than later."

The Titans already are without right tackle Jack Conklin, who was placed on the physically unable to perform list last weekend. Conklin tore his left ACL in the Titans' divisional playoff loss to New England , and Vrabel had no timetable for Conklin's return.

Vrabel said Lewan is in great shape along with the rest of the offensive line. Center Ben Jones said it was good to have everybody in and ready to work, a credit to Lewan's work ethic.

"We're a band of brothers," Jones said. "We want us all out there at all times and that's all we do is go out there and grind every day. Taylor's the lead guy he's a guy we can put our hat on. You know he's going to work hard every day."

Vrabel said all the Titans passed the running test, but veteran wide receiver Rishard Matthews still is being evaluated. Matthews was sidelined during the offseason program with an unspecified injury.

"When he's ready, he'll be out there Karl Joseph Jersey ," Vrabel said.

NOTES: Robinson said he met Tuesday with Kevin Dodd before the Titans released the outside linebacker. Dodd was the 33rd selection overall out of Clemson in 2016 and the second player Robinson drafted in his first year as general manager. "I take full responsibility for that one. I've got to do a better job scouting moving forward," Robinson said. The move leaves the Titans at 89 players, and Robinson said they are looking to fill that spot.

Leonard Fournette’s thousand-yard season is costing him thousands.

Maybe even tens of thousands.

The Jacksonville Jaguars running back bought seven offensive linemen – five starters and two backups – Rolex watches.

Fournette ran 268 times for 1,040 yards and nine touchdowns as a rookie. He also had 36 receptions for 302 yards and a score.

”I couldn’t do it myself,” Fournette said Thursday, three days before Jacksonville (10-6) hosts Buffalo (9-7) in an AFC wild-card game. ”I can’t block 11 guys on my own. That’s the O-line and wide receivers, too. They played a big part of contributing to me getting 1,000 yards.”

The former LSU star rewarded his linemen with some wrist bling. Left tackle Cam Robinson, left guard Patrick Omameh, center Brandon Linder, right guard A.J. Cann and right tackle Jermey Parnell will get their watches Friday. Backups Tyler Shatley and Josh Wells Kwon Alexander Jersey , both of whom started four games because of injuries, also will get Rolexes.

”Just show them the dedication for all the hard work they put in to help me to get me where I’m at and all for this team,” Fournette said. ”Their hard work doesn’t go unnoticed.”

Fournette said he picked the watches out himself and had each lineman’s number and initials engraved on the back.

”They got me my 1,000 yards,” he said. ”That’s what I need.”

Fournette finished eighth in the NFL and fifth in the AFC in rushing despite missing three games. He averaged 3.9 yards a carry against the most eight- and nine-man boxes in the NFL. His average was buoyed by touchdown runs of 90 and 75 yards in consecutive games.

Fournette missed one game in October because of a sprained right ankle, another in November because he violated an undisclosed team rule during the bye week and sat out a third time last month because of a bruised right quadriceps muscle.

He has a combined 117 yards rushing the last two games, averaging 3.2 yards a carry.

”I think it’s tough,” coach Doug Marrone said. ”When you’re out for a bit, whether you’re injured or not, especially early in your career, to be able to come back Vernon Hargreaves III Jersey , you don’t come back and start where you left off. … For him, he comes back and starts getting in a groove and you go.”

Fournette hopes to get back on track against the Bills, who rank 29th in the league against the run. Buffalo gives up 124.6 yards rushing a game. In the past five weeks, the Bills have allowed nearly 150 yards a game on the ground.

Fournette stopped short of committing to buying expensive watches every year.

”We’ll see how it goes,” he said, laughing.

Womens Bradley Chubb Jersey