13 posts in this topic

got Comcast h/s install this afternoon at the house and man does it blow-away the 9.0 AOL we had here, it's faster then my Mustang:shock: I have Comcast at work but so many people are on the net ther, its works OK.....but at home.....WOW:)

slow down or you will get a ticket :)

:lol: OK, I will:cool: think Barb's wants toget on soon:tongue:

We recently got comcast as well. VERY FAST!

My cable company is RCN, I'm on at 20 Mbps. It screams. I think comcast is 6 Mbps.

Anyway, congrats on getting broadband Randy. Welcome to the 21st century :lol:

My cable company is RCN, I'm on at 20 Mbps. It screams. I think comcast is 6 Mbps.

Anyway, congrats on getting broadband Randy. Welcome to the 21st century :lol:

Wow, that is fast. :shock:

comcast makes my slow laptop look fast.lol

Congrats Randy ... its always nice to experience real broadband. In August we are slated to get FIOS (Verizon Fibre Optics) and we will get cable, phone, and internet over the same pipe. The internet is 15m down and 4m up ... I can't wait. I can't complain though ... Verizon DSL is great.

Randy .... I hoped you have ditched AO Hell once and for all. You can use it as an interface to braodband but you DO NOT NEED IT. Trust me .... run away ... run away fast!

Congrats Randy ... its always nice to experience real broadband. In August we are slated to get FIOS (Verizon Fibre Optics) and we will get cable, phone, and internet over the same pipe. The internet is 15m down and 4m up ... I can't wait. I can't complain though ... Verizon DSL is great.

Randy .... I hoped you have ditched AO Hell once and for all. You can use it as an interface to braodband but you DO NOT NEED IT. Trust me .... run away ... run away fast!

:lol: yeah were done wth AOL

I got spoiled here at work wth it but it took me over a year to convince the wife:)

ok doug, what co are you on? ive been told mine has the fios ability, its just not run far enuff down my road. how do i find out

Comcast might have gotten faster still...I got an email from them the other day talking about some turbo-boost thing they now have that apparently kicks in when needed. You first have to turn off your modem for a bit, then when you turn it on, the new service is activated. Anyone try it yet?

I have an 8yr old computer and the only reason I haven't thrown it out the window is Comcast is fast enough to sedate me when this thing is acting up.