12 posts in this topic

September is upon us and most of us know it's the beginning of the fall season of fishing. In my opinion the best time of year to surf fish our local waters. Red drum should be arriving soon, shark starting to leave, mullet should soon be on the move bringing in lots of fish to the surf, flounder starting to move offshore. But with September fishing comes the peak of Hurricane season. Makes things difficult to get out at times.

For those interested, the 16th annual Red Drum Tournament is coming up around the 20th. 18 or so people entered so far, if you need more info look up keepers of the beach website, http://www.keepersofthebeach.com, for additional info. Cut off date to enter is the September 8th and last day entry is usually permitted at the AMSA building next to Eagles Nest Golf course off Rt. 611.

Post your reports let us know how you do. I'll be in the tournament hope to see you all out there.

Has anyone been fishing the surf lately? Those Stripers on steroids (Red Drum) should be here any day! 

I just got a text from someone who just had a big drum in the wash and the line broke. OUCH!

They are starting to show up just not in any big numbers yet. I've been out trying and will be in the red drum tournament starting Thursday 😁

Good luck Dave!!

Ocean city tournament in 2 weeks can't wait!

1 person likes this

46" red Saturday night to win the AMSA Red Drum Tournament 

20170924_044750.jpg

2 people like this

Went out Saturday and caught small blue and a couple small flounder.

Nice bro

Congratulations DAVE! You earned it bro.

Thanks Sam, let's just say the reds have shown up, get out over the next week or so and chances are at there best you'll hook up. Let's see those pics

Who has fresh bait around oc now? 

Best bet is bucks or try the fish markets