Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dave

maryland fishing
January 2017 fishing reports

5 posts in this topic

Happy new years everyone we are in the midst of our winter lull. Weather has been mild so far, here's to it staying as such so the spring run will be good. Anyway not a lot to report, hearing of some short striper still around but not in any numbers. If you decide to give it a shot we would love to hear about it. For me it's rod repair season and gear clean up. On the plus side the days are slowly getting longer and only half dozen weeks or so till it's time to get out again. 

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Dave said:

For me it's rod repair season and gear clean up.

Yep.  I got an LDX to use for a bait rod.  Had some cheapo guides on it...at least they seemed that way to me.  I replaced 'em with Fuji alconite guides.  Also wrapped that ugly yellow sticker with black thread.  Decided to keep the factory butt wrap...at least for now as I am partial to cork tape.  I'm thinkin' it is gonna be a neat bait stick...but it'll hafta compete with my RS 1505. 

Also went through all my rigs...retied some, threw others out.  Poured some 7 oz sinkers.  Guess I'll be ready...

I'm just starting, I have to tear down 2 of my rs1509s needs new guides. I myself am partial to chord wrapped handles. It'll be some time before I get to tying rigs.

If I was local I'd be glad to help.  But geez...it is getting hard to see these days.  Lemme know if ya want me to tie you some rigs.  I am still (barely!) smart enuff to follow instructions!  You'd just hafta send me the stuff and a sample or two. 

1 person likes this

Thanks Steve, I am really appreciative of the offer :-) . Sorry haven't been on much as of late, came down with pneumonia and a rare winter storm for here had settled in. Doing better now. I'm not to concerned with the right tying as of yet because they don't take me long to do. Just really hate stripping rods down to rebuild. So tedious lol.