Dave

october 2016 fishing reports

21 posts in this topic

well it seems the red drum have arrived if you are lucky enough to get out between the bouts of bad weather and beach closures you have a really good chance of getting into one. i managed to get one last tuesday night. measuring in at 52 inches and weighing easily 60 pounds it made my day. heard reports of several being caught over the last 2 days since the beach reopened. so get out while you can and let us here your reports.

Nice job, Dave! Did you get a picture?

Sam I haven't found a way to upload them from my phone. I was out this week Wednesday and Thursday and managed 6 reds. 40, 44, 45, 45, 48, and a 51.

Dave are you hitting the beach at night to catch those beasts?

I can't find the way either to post a picture, maybe need the option to be active or a full version some how to be used with the phone on the site ??

I will be installing new templates for both desktop and mobile devices soon! Thanks for letting me know.

I've gotten most of them early morning from 5 till 10 am, a few at night between 6 pm and 10pm. This week has slowed, they are still around tho. Hooked into a few big sandtigers tonight.

Sandtigers while drum fishing = :cussing:

I kinda had a bone head move, my buddy Mike was passed out, we were nearing the end of a 3 day marathon and he's not used to fishing 20 hours and napping 4 for three straight days. Anyway, I was focused on watching his gear while he napped praying he would get a drum I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. I did a bait change and reset my gear, walked back to the truck and my furthest rod doubled over, took off to get it, picked it up felt head shakes and just straight pullage, couldn't figure out why so much weight yet it wasn't taking line. Go to check my drag and find I never loosened it, start to loosen it and snap. Line gave out... oh well.

Dave, ahhh! That hurts man. Especially after so many hours of fishing.

It happens. I really can't complain 7 reds this fall 6 in 2 days. The last week has been slow haven't fished as hard. Did manage a 25" striper off the 50 bridge seen a 29" caught also. Yesterday tried for drum little sandbars so thick after dark they were worse than blues. Bait change every 10 minutes. Heard WV Allen got a 45 " red this morning so albeit few and far between they are still around.

Little sandbars.... No thank you! Lol

Thanks for the report Dave.

Got out yesterday with a really good friend. Lots of bait in the water, seen whales breaching and bait breaking water for over an hour half mile to mile offshore. Dolphins swam under my lines, that got nerve racking. A few grey trout and kings on the bait rod, one takedown on the bigger rod but line broke for some unknown reason. Things appear to be looking good for a striper run soon. Let's hope anyway. Overall just a really good time yesterday.

It was a great day on the sand!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11586[/ATTACH]

Was going out tide by Washington DC. And fishing was slow... now it's time for some pictures and relax ??

Nice bud thanks for the report and pic

Good luck to ya let us know how ya do