Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dave

july fishing reports 2015

3 posts in this topic

hey everyone sorry for the late post. it seems july brings us our normal summer doldrums. shark, rays if you want a challenge and flounder, king fish and spot and croaker for the pan fish or small game fun. hopefully soon assateague will open the rest of the beach soon to osv users. if you head out please let us know how you faired. we would all love to hear about it. tight lines, be safe and have fun.

Gearing up my kayak for some bay/ocean fishing. I'll post some pics soon.

was out last night by myself and man it was fast and furious. the first spot i set up on didnt produce much, started to second guess myself so decided to pack and move after dark. picked a spot by my gut and within an hour had a double header. landed both, one small sandbar at 45" the other was 50". rebaited and tossed out again. then my bait rod starts tapping, go and start to bring it in as the heaver on my left doubles and the reel starts screamin. so with my left hand fighting the big rod and my right hand reeling the bait rod managed a king fish and another sandbar at 60". this activity continued for the next hour or so. finished the night with 9 sandbar shark and half dozen king fish all two hours after high tide.