19 posts in this topic

For those of us who don't have the time or space to smoke our own fish. I have to seriously recommend The Grove Market, I just picked up the blues I dropped off after my trip out to Jackspot with Bohica(thanks again) and I have to say Dale does the best job ever. This is the best smoked blue I have ever had.

St. Martins Neck Rd. About a mile and a half north of the Lighthouse golf compound. If you are in OC take rt 90 west first light make a right and its on the left side a couple miles up the road. Also the best food on the peninsula, reservations are hard to get but well worth the wait.

The grove is the finest resteraunt in OC and does a great job smoking as well as serving the finest cuisine around,,,Oliver, did you keep the cheeks,,,excellent!

I would have to agree.. The Grove has GREAT food. Unique atmosphere too. :)

I have a different take on that place, nothing to do with the food.

of course I kept the cheeks, so tasty. I would like to say I will bring some on the 28th but there is no way I will have any left.

If you expect to eat there make sure you make reservations well in advance, like a couple of weeks. The food is great, it is one of my favorite places and there are several house rules:

no talking on cell phones

they have several seatings so the last seating is generally better

very fine dining with no menues, and mismatched china and plasticware with apps!

cash only, early seating you must be out at a certain time,,,they kinda remind me of the soup nazis on seinfeld,,,IMO, the best food in oc.

Skylar, I'll send you a PM. Anyone else interested, let me know & I'll do the same, so as not to get into a vendor-bashing thing here.

let me here it pohocker, give me a pm.

add me to the list also please

Someone forward it to me, please.

me too....now I am curious

Randy, I concur 100% about the Marlin Moon Grill...great food, service, and atmosphere. I was lucky enough to win a gift certificate for the MMG at the Reef Foundation dinner, and can't wait to cash that bad boy in.

I am in agreement as well, I live within sight of Marlin Moon and I can smell the food if the wind is right. Never had a bad meal there.