35 posts in this topic

If you haven't already done it, I highly recomend the K&N intake kit. On my truck(96 F-150) you can feel the added power like you wouldn't belive. The specs I read show almost an 11hp gain, just because the engine can breath better. Also I changed my oil to Liquid molebum? not sure of the name exactly (gave the brochure away) sells at Advance Auto for about 5 bucks a quart, but no kidding added 3mpg immediatly!!!!!!:shock: :shock: :shock: and with fuel prices the way they are you can't beat it. I thought the kid was pulling my leg( seriously told him go ahead pull the other one it has bells on) but he wasn't kidding. they also make an ATF that I am going to try, after such positive results with the oil I have to.

The K&N is a good unit as is the severe service from Ford but they are overpriced.

If you have room under the hood, all the Ford diesels do, get a NAPA 6637 filter. Much more surface area. You can get it cheaper direct from fleetfilters, $18.

I do not know how much room a gas engine has under there....

Here is a pic of the 6637, you can really hear the engine purr. In my case, the turbine whine...

114813_520_390.jpg.149518678a34f8ae56c95

while this is true on most trucks on 2nd gen dodge 1500s this is not the case.in stock formation it pulls air from the outer fender well.that is much cooler then getting it from under the hood.you may get more air with an intake,but its hot air.just an fyi if you have a dodge

well the #1 selling point on the K&N filter is it's a 1 time purchase, when it gets dirty, you use the K&N cleaning kit and put it back in. K&N says 1 million miles. I've used them in my cars, truck and race cars for years wth no problems or ill effects:) . # 2 good selling point is your not clogging up the land-fill(s) wth used air filters every year:cool:

oh, yeah and as stated above, it does add HP & MPG:D

I got the stock K&N replacement filter. I got about one half miles per gallon increase. Best part is you only replace the filter once.

while on the subject of fuel savings and more HP, as stated above synthetic fluids do help alot. engine oil, trans fluid and diff fluid all help by reducting friction, which reduces heat, which improves fuel milage and performance. it does cost a few dollars more up front but more than pays for it's self in the long run:cool:

next week, we'll talk about performance exhaust systems:D

not to mention the psychological affect...

The offical results are in.... with all the new goodies I have installed I have increased fuel economy from 16-17mpg(highway) and 13-14 mpg(city) to .....(drumroll please) 21-22 mpg (highway) and 16-17 mpg (city) :D :D all for under $350 :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: And yes preformance exauhst is next (headers and straight pipes):shock: gonna really wake the neighbors now

And yes preformance exauhst is next (headers and straight pipes):shock: gonna really wake the neighbors now

Got mine just have to get them put on :)

Got mine just have to get them put on :)

Hey Dave, did you ever get the oil pressure problem fixxed on the Durango:?:

I need to get some stuff for my truck. Programmer, Exhaust, intake etc.

Took it in and had the oil pump and screen changed out and put in synthetic oil and I'v been running now for about 2500 plus miles and all seames well now.

Took it in and had the oil pump and screen changed out and put in synthetic oil and I'v been running now for about 2500 plus miles and all seames well now.

ok :cool: glad to hear it:)

What does everyone drive?

my D/D is a 1996 black & silver 2wd F150 pic-up

wifes D/D is a 2001 gold awd Ford Escape(thats what I use on AI)

my week-end D/D is my 1996 Mustang Gt drag-car or my 2003 19' Sea Pro

5852a4e09c58e_MYGT.jpg.f6317269a77376fc0

5852a4e09f556_GETWET.jpg.c19985b77aaa12b

2003 Ford F-350 PSD (pic without cooler rack)

DSCN0258.JPG.74fc9c846645a75c22b64a1af32

'03 F-250 diesel.

Yeah, it's got mods....

Not going the chip route, eats too much fuel.

Bilstein's, Coolant & Tranny filters, a/c & CCV mods, ST9005 & 9007's, 203* thermo, Bilsteins, DiPricols, A-Pillar, Aux 120v electric on a 300Ah deep cycle, 16 gallon fresh water tank, more that I don't remember. Still have to mount a few of these things, they're sitting in the basement.

Only things left are yak rack, tires and exhaust.

'03 F-250 diesel.

Yeah, it's got mods....

Not going the chip route, eats too much fuel.

Bilstein's, Coolant & Tranny filters, a/c & CCV mods, ST9005 & 9007's, 203* thermo, Bilsteins, DiPricols, A-Pillar, Aux 120v electric on a 300Ah deep cycle, 16 gallon fresh water tank, more that I don't remember. Still have to mount a few of these things, they're sitting in the basement.

Only things left are yak rack, tires and exhaust.

You have the 7.3 or 6.0

I went with the 7.3, tried and proven. They offered the 6.0 but I never buy anything first year. Good thing too, lots of problems...

That was the thing i was worried about. I also went with the 7.3

If you plan to go to straight pipes you may want to check your local ordnances. In leiu of that, a Walker BTM or Aeroturbine would be nice.

I had the 6.0 in my 250...loved it, no probs and 26+mpg in the supercrew longbed. Man I miss that truck.

I had the 6.0 in my 250...loved it, no probs and 26+mpg in the supercrew longbed. Man I miss that truck.

Had?

What year?

Only thing different I want is a true 4 door with my 8' bed..

Yep, got an 8' bed that never needs makin'.

Takes me two blocks to make a turn. :D