greasemonkey54

May 2014 Fish Reports

7 posts in this topic

Hows may going for everyone? I havent fished much but caught 2 stripers trolling the bay, 41 and 37 inches long.

Way to go greasemonkey

Fished Monday afternoon, Tuesday, and this morning. - Monday one knock down and taking line on bunker, then snap line broke. Tuesday skate on every cast with 1 blow fish - sure was nice out till the wind and fog rolled in fast and hard about 1 PM. Wednesday nothing. :icon_frown:

Hey greasemonkey thanks for starting the thread for me I started it but it didn't post for some reason. Anyway so far this month 6 striper between 35-43". All caught on sand flea.

Never tried sand fleas before, gonna have to give them a go. I will be down tonight til sunday. I will probably fish oc beach near the inlet sunday morning

Fished AI yesterday - blues - biggest 24" hit pink & green sting silver lure on my fresh water rod/reel. Fun.

Fished today - small rocks 14-16". On fleas and the pink & green sting silver.

Guy to left of me caught a 33" rock about 10 AM on salted clam. Later in the day guy to right of me was getting big blues on cut mullet.

Fished oc surf near the inlet may 18 for about 3 hours. Got 1st rod in with cut bunker and while baiting next one i already had a fish on. Fought it into the wash and saw what i think was a good sized ray that broke me off being rolled in a wave. Casted rod 2 and while rigging the other fish on again. Landed a 16 inch striper. Then bait steelers moved in. Moved a few hundred feet but nothing different. Got tired of that and started casting gotchas in the inlet and caught a 18 inch blue