3 posts in this topic

I think this site does a great job getting information to people getting into surf fishing and sharking. What I think needs to be emphasized is the importance of releasing the sharks you catch. Yeah keep one for the freezer every now and then, but there are certainly people sharking to prove they are men and to kill the sharks. I think it's worth putting a sticky or two up on the importance of catch and release for the population.

I don't think we need to condemn keeping sharks, just educate about the lengthy reproductive cycles and how much keeping just one mature shark can hurt sharking for everyone. There is a big influx of shark fishermen in the past 20 years and the shark population is way down, with the influx of "extreme" sharking from shore the same could easily happen to the sharks off Delmarva.

In order to reproduce information from another site do you have to post a link or can you cut and paste and cite the source?

I made this a sticky and I think you are right on the money. If you would like to cut and paste, then cite the source, that would be fine.

I agree. I think I voiced my opinon in the great white thread, pretty loudly. I want to be doing this for a long time, so we need to keep charky around. "the fish you release today, puts up a bigger fight tomorrow"