Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jet Ski Brian

Big Striped Bass Pullage On My Little Jet Ski!

1 post in this topic

yahoopng-1.jpgaolpng-1.jpgaimpng-1.jpgfacebookpng-1.jpgshare_save_171_16png-1.jpg

Yesterday morning my friend Rob and I towed our rigged up jet skis from Poquoson Va. to Kiptopeke State Park and dropped in at the Concrete Ships of the Eastern Shore.

It hurts paying the $16 toll each way plus the $8 ramp fee and about $20 round trip for gas. That’s $60 before I even touch the water!

On the positive side, I did not have to run across the bay in fog, rain, 2-3 foot chop and I only burned 2 gallons on my jet ski.

We fished a couple miles off of the ships in light-medium rain and 40 degree temps. The 10-15 SW winds gave us a steady drift for eeling.

Very slow fishing, but as luck would have it, a big Striped Bass took off with one of the eels that I had in right next to my ski.

He gave me a nice run for my money turning my ski around twice before getting close enough for me to net. He was solidly hooked in the upper lip.

We stayed out another 1 1/2 hours, hoping for another fish for Rob but it was not meant to be.

Saw one lone Kayaker on the lee side of the ships looking for a big one. There were also several boats around the area.

I weighed the Striped Bass I caught at Bull Island Outdoors in Poquoson, it went 42 1/2 pounds. My largest this season!

Well worth a couple hours on the water on my jet ski in the rain. I had everything cleaned up and put away by dark. For dinner I pan seared some thick Striper steaks in Herb Garlic marinade for dinner.

Here are some pictures.

If you want to Jet Ski Fishing and catch Big Fish call me at 757-342-5780 to book a trip!

yakeratships520x389-1.jpg 2skisatkiptopeke520x391-1.jpg 42lbrock520x389-1.jpg brianwbigrock334520x390-1.jpg bullislandoutdoors520x390-1.jpg hookinstriper33520x390-1.jpg pansearedrock520x391-1.jpg robatconcreteships520x391-1.jpg striperinnet22520x390-1.jpg

yahoopng-1.jpgaolpng-1.jpgaimpng-1.jpgfacebookpng-1.jpgshare_save_171_16png-1.jpg