Dave

december 2013 fishing reports

8 posts in this topic

Well November was a bust and December starting off the same. Hopefully a few rock are still around and if ya get one wed love to hear about it. As for me im done till spring so post any reports to calm the itch. Remember be safe and have fun.

Made a quick trip to AI on Monday. I was treated to a beautiful morning with excellent conditions - fished the incoming and outgoing but bait went untouched. Threw spot, fleas, and clams but nothing bit. Best part of day was seeing the Great Snowy Owl sitting in the track about 125 yards south of me. Have never seen one on the Island.

Yes - the Owl was one of the coolest things I saw on the island this year. There was the Fox I saw at night and thought was a ghost - not so much cool as scary.

Heard action is pretty good a little north up in DE. I might head down to AI on Thursday or Friday. Was hoping to hear of some weekend catches to help make up my mind. It's either make the 3.5 hour trip or spend all day shopping (grrr).

Got another chance to get a fall fish this coming Friday. Gonna fish North OC this time since there seems to be a little action in DE. Then I am gonna fish the inlet in OC to see what luck I have.

Well - gave it the old college try Friday at 120th St in North OC. Great conditions on the incoming tides. No fish but avoided the skunk with several small skates. Cant wait till spring.