Dave

october 2013 fishing reports

30 posts in this topic

So reds are here as well as blues and other panfish but hard to get to with assateague closed due to government shutdown. Lets hope it doesnt last long

I didn't realize the shutdown would close the park out there. I will be down for the car show the 11-14 I will try and hit the beach in oc the 13 & 14 in the mornings

I should be available then. Hit the bridge last night. Seen a hand ful of keeper rock, I caight teo what I believe are toad fish, one speckled trout around 14" a few shad and a small seabass

forecast not looking good for this weekend. Haven't seen the marine forecast but looks like rain and wind.

Yep, pretty much a bust. Went out to the bridge last night and managed to schoolie rock and a speckled trout. Only drum ive had this fall was the monday before they closed the beach. Two one at 30" and another at 31".

more drum than ive caught. lol. I am still bringing light rods and hoping the bay may be semi fishable

Is there any word, rumors on ai reopening was hoping for one more run if not any ideals on alternatives

Ai will remain closed as long as the elected idiots keep the government closed. I would expect the island to reopen a few days after. With this storm Im certain the island is taking a beating. As for alternatives, ocean city, 50 bridge, inlet or virginia would be other options.

Maybe we all need to go visit Andrew and fish down there....lol

Rich I already went last sunday, lol.

I got the skunk this weekend. I stayed at the oceanic so I fished the inlet right there it was the only out of the wind place I found

Out tonight. Four stripers all mid twenties. Caught tossing plugs.

Last night. Three rock 26, 26, 26. Lost one keeper under the bridge. Caught a huge eel snd a gull smashed my line from under the bridge

Thx. Assateague is open !!

Sunday morning managed a little sandbar and 13' king

fished the Potomac yesterday morning for a few hours and caught between 15 & 20 catfish. I was using worms and caught two about a foot long then switchedto cut bunker perch and bluegill and caught the rest. they were between 16 & 30inches and fat. the last ones I caught was a double header on my bait rod at 19 and 25 inches

One pup today at 23" and a 25" blue

Pup yes blue was off bridge

Two striper at 26 and 18, 2 small seabass. One huge oystertoad. 17" flounder and a small doggie. Lost some huge crab lobster looking thing not quite sure what it was but looked odd.