11 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a little help here. I will be in Dewey Beach for a week and will be doing some land based shark fishing. Not wanting to drag all my equipment down the beach and back. I was thinking about buying a orv permit so I could drive on the beach. Should I get the AI permit or the De.(which I would use for 3Rs or IRI area)? Also may try to hook up with you guys that are taking Ben out that same week(July 8th-15th) Please give me your thoughts. Thanks Randy

If I remember correctly, the DE permit is about twice the cost of the AI permit, but don't take my word for it, its been years since I bought a DE permit.....

Can you catch sharks that far north? :)

De is $130.00 for 1yr jan to dec, ai is 90.00 for 1yr from month of purchase

Sharkbait37, cool avatar, where did ya find that picture? :)

do IRI and come fish with me for the whole week.................

YES SAM they do come that far north..............sometimes........lol :)

De is $130.00 for 1yr jan to dec, ai is 90.00 for 1yr from month of purchase

:eusa_doh: Daumn, sounds like a No-Brainer there:)

The one real big plus to fishing the DE beaches is less waiting to get on the beach, but you do have more families with dad fishing one rod so that brings up the whole liability issue of targeting sharks next to the brady bunch.

if you combine all the De beaches you can drive on there is alot more miles of beach up there, but again it gets very crowded very quickly. they have less restrictions on how many vehicles they allow.

Their right the permit price for ORV is $130.00 a year in DE and the beach does get pretty full during the day and you can catch sharks that far north. The last time I was down was the middle of june and fished at 3R's Road for an over nighter and there was 1 other truck on the beach. If I was going to make a choice right now on which permit to buy, AI or DE it would be the AI because it's a better deal this late into the year.