Dave

July 2013 fishing reports

31 posts in this topic

Well I can tell you the big toothies are hear. Tons of kings in the surf as well as croaker, spot blow toads and flounder have a safe fourth and let us hear of your trips most importantly have fun.

Monday night was slow only producing a 6 ft sand tiger tue night was the same fished from 6 pm till 6 am with one 7'10" sand tiger. Total count for me this season so far is 18 shark with general in second with 6

Got a few dates open for Sunday Monday and Tuesday if any one is interested

Yes 6 shark puts me in 2nd a traling 2nd lol after taking a day off I hope to play a little catchup Maby I can brake 10 in the next 2 days... Don't get me wrong I love sharks.. being able to hanedel them is a grate thrill and experience that not menny can share

I was in OC saturday and sunday so I had to fish at least a little. I made it out sunday morning to Stinky Beach. I threw 1 rod with FBBW and one with various lures but nada! Saw lots of dolphins tho. I then moved onto the 50 bridge and threw some lures at breaking fish and ended up pullling 3 shad over the rail and losing many others in 30 minutes.

Fished near Annapolis in a small pond yesterday and landed 7 carp between 8 and 23 inches. I was using a light rod with 8lb test making the bigger ones a little challenging. I lost a few more due to pulled hooks and break offs. It was a good few hours with good pullage.

Ill be in Ocean City August 11th-13th to do a little fishing.

Zach hit me up. Sunday night produced one small sandbar shark and a 4.5 ft bull shark. Tuesday night was busy, 43 spot, 12 kingfish, cownose ray, southern ray, bat ray, and one 3.5 ft atlantic sharpnose.

Busy to say the least but not exactly what I was going for. Either way I had a blast

and wow dave that's a hell of a night. I know you were going for the sharks but you sure had your hands busy the whole night.

Well winds have finally changed for the better, tonight two dozen kings half dozen spot one 4 ft sand bar another at 4.5 ft and an 81" sand tiger. Few southern rays in the mix. Btw beach is open to the line.

Damn I'm so jelly. I would be there with those guys if I hadn't been swamped with work. Great job guys - looks like you had a great week. I will make it down at some point.

It was great to see the crew again, sam, dave, andrew I had a great time. Rich that was the best night of the week. Btw, you in for the drum tournament this year?

Last night managed one 78" sand tiger.

Tonight one 84" sandtiger

Just landed my personal best 121" sandtiger on casted bait!!!!

tonights pics of the 121" sandtiger this is why I use a ten foot measuring tape during the summer months. btw to all those that want to know it was casted bait not yakked.

DSCF3063_783x588.jpg.f92479b987268490b45

DSCF3074_783x588.jpg.c9f54e425a473a2ab36

Congrats Buddy - that is an awesome sandtiger. Your persistence finally paid off - go for the 122" now !!!!! Yes I am in for the Drum tournament - even if I have to pay someone to cover my jobs.

Great Sandtiger Dave! Finally broke the 12ft mark on casted bait. Don't know anyone else that could have done that on 17lb cajun.