Jet Ski Brian

Jet Ski Fishing Chesapeake Light Tower Spadefish

2 posts in this topic

yahoopng-1.jpgaolpng-1.jpgaimpng-1.jpgfacebookpng-1.jpgshare_save_171_16png-1.jpg

Had another great weekend! Started my Saturday morning as a guest along with Rob Cowling on the Fishing Tidewater Radio show. Don Lancaster and Matt Smith had me on to talk about Jet Ski Fishing and Rob was letting everyone know about the Children’s Fishing Clinic coming up next month.

I left the radio studio, went straight to Virginia Beach, dropped my jet ski and headed out of Rudee Inlet around 1030hrs. I ran around off the beach and the CB bouy line looking for some cobia. I did not see any so I ventured out to the Chesapeake Light Tower hoping the Spadefish were there.

By then the wind was picking up around 15-20 out of the South. It was sloppy, the current was ripping and the visibility was poor. The water was cool, maybe 64 degrees but tolerable in a wetsuit. The fish were hanging right at 10-15 feet down, lots of them. It was a workout diving and swimming against the current but I managed to spear my limit.

On the way in to Virginia Beach I could see an air show going on. It was cool to watch on my trip back, before I went in I stopped and watched the action. I had the thrill of a Harrier jet flying right over me at speed and low, exhilarating!!

This morning was very breezy, my wife and I took our grandson on the jet ski and to a couple secluded beaches around Poquoson.

He was thrilled to find turtles, crabs, minnows and shells.

Here are some pictures from this weekend.

fishingtidewater520x389-1.jpg

chesapeakelighttower-1.jpg

spadefish334-1.jpg

spadeeye520x389-1.jpg

Lady K was one of the few boats out at the Tower.

ladyk33520x391-1.jpg

See the sign at the bow of his boat “Jet Ski Intake” Ha! Gotta Catch Me First!

jetskiintake520x390-1.jpg

vabeachairshow520x390-1.jpg

airshowplanes520x388-1.jpg

vstol-1.jpg

harier-1.jpg

jetunderside-1.jpg

rudeerocket333-1.jpg

beachems-1.jpg

CGAboat-1.jpg

surferkid-1.jpg

twturtle-1.jpg

turtleinshell-1.jpg

jetskibeach-1.jpg

yahoopng-1.jpgaolpng-1.jpgaimpng-1.jpgfacebookpng-1.jpgshare_save_171_16png-1.jpg