Dave

June 2013 fishing reports

41 posts in this topic

Can't weight to get out this week one more dat of work then beach beach beach gunna love it

Tonight I managed a few spot and skate, one Atlantic sharp nose at 4'.

Yea they don't get much bigger than that, 4' is about there max size. Tonight I managed to butterfly rays both around 65"

I need to catch something soon! I haven't caught any fish since june 9! That is my longest drought in over a year. Hope that changes soon.

Heading down to AI at the end of the week. Just wondering if the plovers shut the beach down?

Beach is closed at kilometer 19

Fished A.I. since Wednesday and we caught 5 kingfish and a croaker. Used peeler for the kings and squid hooked up the croaker.

Just heard the beach is opened up to kilometer 23 with a passing lane between 19-23

I caught a fish! the drought is over,lol. It was a 6 inch spot from sandy point. I am going live lining for rock in the Chesapeake bay tomorrow.

My last day on A.I and I caught 2 spot 2 puffers a flounder and about 6 kings. Peeler seemed to work best for me.

Went liveling for rock in the chesapeake yesterday and it was AWESOME! lol We caught a ton of spot early the ran across the bay and we caught stripers from 16 - 27 inches non stop til we ran out of spot. Thats the first time I have live lined anything but minnows and it was quite the experience. My brother had a nice blue around 20" on that the netter missed, then it bit him off. It was a great way to end june

Way to go grease monkey, last night was crazy for myself and general as well. 9 ft sand tiger, 6 ft sand tiger and a 6'3" blacktip