Dave

June 2013 fishing reports

41 posts in this topic

Well, may was a bit more normal this year with striper but now it's time to start prepping for the normal summer game. Small shark are being caught along with rays. Croaker have started to show up in the surf as well as kingfish. Post all your reports we'd love to hear them. Get out have fun and be safe!

Hay Yall its been too long scince I last posted... I'm heading out today guna give it my all hope to get some pullage!!

Yesterday was slow, only a few kings, today was better, three hours on the sand and the bait rods were non stop, kings, spot and croaker all evening. Left them biting. They were taking fleas and FB clam. No takers on the big rods. Did break in the yak, buddy took out baits all night last night, no hits at all, today I yakked out but again no takers.

soooooon. its going to bust wide open dave and your going to land a 10'

Hey guys quick question, hook # 4 or 6

Would be too small for the bait rod ?... ( try to catch some spot, croack, king )

Thanks, and good luck. Will try my luck next week on the AI sand. ( I hope )

In the bay I use #8 for spot only, in the ocean I use 6 for a multi purpose bait hook. Got some #6 circles to try out this weekend I hope. I heard a storm may be brewing.

HOLD ON!!!! storm ?.... where ?... I should try my luck early next week at AI.

I hope my catch is not just the storm... LOL

Thansk for the info.

In the bay I use #8 for spot only, in the ocean I use 6 for a multi purpose bait hook. Got some #6 circles to try out this weekend I hope. I heard a storm may be brewing.

I use the "spot/king fish" rig made by sea striker or a hook about that size ... When the bait fish are hiring I do pritty good

looks like tommorow will be the brunt of the storm, hope it doesn't mud up the water too bad, I plan on being on the beach sunday.

Let see how it go, I'm still on the way for AI next week.

Thanks for the info. guys.

Just a heads up guys Osv is closed at 22 for plovers and the entire Osv will probably close tonight for the storm, call ahead before heading out

I fished 142nd street beach yesterday from 6:30 til 9:30 in the morning. The ocean was the calmest I have ever seen it and it was a nice morming with a school of dolphins feeding around 143rd st. I had one rod with frozen cut bunker leftover from last time and one with fb bloodworms. I caught a spot shortly after starting and cut him up for a little fresh bait. On that spot I had one knockdown that didn't stick. Other than that it was all on the bait rod. Caught 3 more spot, one blowfish and 2 sets of mating horseshow crabs.

Ok so last night I confirmed two things, shark are here, big guys to. Second, all my reels need respooled. So here goes, get on the beach around 7 pm wind blowing hard around 20 out of the south. Bait rods in and it was non stop kingfish again. Got fresh and yakked out two big kings. Casted out two beavers with kings as bait. Just after dark the castef rod starts screaming and bent in half headed due east. I get it, fight for say 20 minutes and line fails. Half hour later castef rod goes off again, this time I get it in the wash and see its an 8 ft sand tiger than snap again! Found out my rub leader was a little to short. Ok, 45 minutes later rod goes off again but I'm 500 yards north helping general dehook a five foot sand tiger, my buddy Gerald tries to help but has no clue on how to work conventionals and when I get back to my rods I found both heavers snapped off. Now I'm furious. Wind is blowing at 30 mph and down pour of rain. I re rig two rods and get them back out. My two buddy's at this point are packing up. Heaver bends down again and this time I land a six foot sand tiger. So everyone the big boys are here to play and I'd love to bring you guys out. Message me if interested in a guided trip. I give discounts to Aa members. If I don't fill up my schedule I might not guide next year do help me out. Lets get out and tag some big boys.

Ok last night was better, wind was out of the west at 5-10, bugs were bad, but as to be expected. I almost called it an early night when I felt the water temp but decided to stick it out a bit. Ended up with a few kings and three sand tigers, 6'10", 5'4", and 5'0 even. They were hitting really light and coming in with the bait so a good hook set was difficult at best. Ended up losing two more cause of it. Anyway I had a blast.

Hey Dave

Glad to see you getting into the toothy critters. Trying to work out getting back down soon. Daughter is going to Salisbury University in the fall - I will be definitely be down for her orientation on the 28th. Only a day trip but gonna hit the island and then bay for flounder. Since she will be down there its a great reason to come down more often.

Rich

That's awesome rich I look forward to fishing with ya again.

Are there any fish that wouldnt be legal to cut up as bait that can be caught on A.I.?

Croaker, kings, spot all make great bait just check the legal size limits

Nice bass in your album wdinarte!

Thanks,

I fish for those boys any minute that " I can " the bay is few hrs away from Me, so I have to do my fishing on on fresh water.

Bass fishing around ( NOVA ) here is great. :icon_salut:

Back from AI.

Camping / fishing was great, some good size king and a baby sand tiger around 3' ( I don't fish for this but he try my bait and... fish ON! ) The rest of catch was kings all over, the camping was great... out the 4 nights we have a mix of events:

- One RV on fire, sorry for the family that lost the RV but they all was safe.

- Tornado warning, and waiting for any instructions to move to the bath-house.

- strong winds and heavy raing at night.

All this camping in a tent, make a good memories... can wait to be back on the sand of AI.

Bait of choise:

Fresh shrimp, I do have some fresh squid and cut bait but all kinds were pull on shrimp.

The baby san tiger on cut bait.

Around sun set was the best.

I had a good time with Dave the last week got into 2 sand tigers one about 6ft one about 5ft ... Not a bad catch for only hiting the beach a handfull of times this year.

Back from AI.

Camping / fishing was great, some good size king and a baby sand tiger around 3' ( I don't fish for this but he try my bait and... fish ON! ) The rest of catch was kings all over, the camping was great... out the 4 nights we have a mix of events:

- One RV on fire, sorry for the family that lost the RV but they all was safe.

- Tornado warning, and waiting for any instructions to move to the bath-house.

- strong winds and heavy raing at night.

All this camping in a tent, make a good memories... can wait to be back on the sand of AI.

Bait of choise:

Fresh shrimp, I do have some fresh squid and cut bait but all kinds were pull on shrimp.

The baby san tiger on cut bait.

Around sun set was the best.

We had one of those tropical storm force wind nights at AI with the kids (teenagers) a couple of years ago, and they were in a separate tent! A little scary, but a super adventurous experience and great memory. Packed up camp the next morning in a torrential downpour and had to set everything back up to dry out once we got home (that part really sucked).

Tonight two sand tigers one at 96" the other at 49" they are here!!