Dave

May 2013 fishing reports

59 posts in this topic

I put my time in that's for sure. Thx buddy.

Way to go Shark Hunter! It's funny how the sunburn does not sting as much when you are catching fish....

Fished AI with a couple of buddies Wed from 10:30 am till midnight, caught one 16" fluke, a skate and a 35", 9.5# Blue. Wind was brutal all day. Fished Thursday from 6:30 am til 5:00 pm. Got a bunch of skates, one ray, and 5 dogfish. Had a great time and hope to be back down next week for some more fun.

all that time paid off dave! and HFD60 that is a monster blue! I leave for OC in a few hours, might fish tomorrow, definitely on sunday. Good luck to all this weekend

Grease monkey pm me I will be out Sunday maybe tomorrow eve

Fished ai mon tues wen thurs 6 skate 4 stripers 25, 36, 39, 44 and one break off

Way to go Allen, your definately putting in your time

Today caught a 25" black drum in the am, 23" blue in the afternoon and one knockdown but missed it

I didn't see that until now Dave, lol. I fished 87th st in OC from 6am til 9:30. It was low tide but as said before, fish when you can. I set up 2 rods, one with fb bloodworm and one with bunker chunks. I caught a little crab on the fb and 3 short stripers, skinny 16, fat 18 and a medium 19, one 2 foot dogfish and one skate. It was nice out between the rain showers.

Allen thats a great week.

I sure wish I lived closer, I'm really starting to enjoy surf fishing the coast and want to get out more.

Ritter that is one nice blue. Hope to get down with you and Rich soon. Nice!

Fished AI Friday and Saturday. A 3 foot sandbar shark and a decent kingfish on Friday afternoon right after high tide. Saturday morning several good knockdowns and then a 31" striper on my bait rod.

Fished AI Friday and Saturday. A 3 foot sandbar shark and a decent kingfish on Friday afternoon right after high tide. Saturday morning several good knockdowns and then a 31" striper on my bait rod.

Nice! Man, glad to see kings in the surf...gonna have to start fishing for those...tasty

Thanks Coop. Love kingfish - have fished for them since I was young and they are my favorite to eat. Used to watch an old family friend pull them in early in the morning off the 12th St jetty and then have them for breakfast. Learned a lot from that man.

Glad you got one rich, I was out again for a few hours today and well I had a couple good hits and spit hooks but a sure sign water temps are climbing are the rays, caught a rough tail ray and cow nose ray, couple small blues.

Heading back to AI in the morning. Plan on being there thru fri morning. Would love some company if anyone is thinking of going out...Rich

you guys save me some fish ill be up this weekend!

Andrew bring shark gear also I got a hunch

Nice catch Rich! Hope to get out to fish with you soon, Keep it up!

Thanks Bill - same here. Hope to get back down soon.

Thanks Bill - same here. Hope to get back down soon.
Where did you get that 3 piece rod?

Went out yesterday eve for a few hours, signs are evident the spring run for rock is winding down. I say this because I caught a cow nose ray, a decent size king 13", and a plethora of skate and small to medium doggies. There should be a few rock around yet so get out while you can.

i dont want to hear that dave, i want to catch a striper! ugh. are the blacks around still or are they done?

rich whats going on man, good to hear from you. things are good, real good actually, just not enough time to fish. im working in a new tackle shop part time down here call the Rod Father, we specialize in custom rods, ive got good prices on Rainshadow Blanks and all of the Tommy Farmer Cast Pro Series Production rods and blanks as well. we opened a few weeks ago but check out our facebook page - www.facebook.com/rodfatherva

ill be up this weekend fishing with dave sunday night, ill have all of the Cast Pro Rods with me if anyone wants to throw one stop by and see me. I drive a white Tacoma with a camper shell on it.