Hogbrew

AI 2013 - Round 1 Fish: 2 (Fri/Sat) Bob: 0

4 posts in this topic

I fished Assateague (State Park seashore) Friday evening and then Saturday morning and late evening, not hard I wouldn't say, but fairly seriously. No luck whatsoever, although I do think I may have missed a hit on a bluefish rig that I was late getting over to. Fish finder set up produced nada. I was only throwing bunker chunks, so I didn't provide much of a buffet by way of selection.

What a great weekend with the wife and dog though! I found a conch shell (first one ever). It washed up right in front of me while I was fishing. My wife, jealous after seeing my find, later found two more. I thought that was nuts! Picked up my OSV permit and took a short drive on the beach this morning before heading back home.

Anybody have any luck this weekend?

Sounds like you had a good time. Check the fishing reports for catches but I had several blow toads. Bunker hasn't been touched by anything as of late, try sand flea. It's been the preferred bait as of late.

Bob, stills sound like you had a good weekend, even without any fish. After big storms, conchs can be easily found, but the good ones can dissapear pretty quick.

Thanks guys. Yeah, I realized after posting that this was better suited for the fishing reports thread. Still learning my way around here a bit.

I thought for sure that I had read that bunker chunks were the hot ticket right now. Maybe that was up north. I will be watching the fishing reports more closely before my next trip down.

I found myself getting VERY jealous of the folks with the nice slide-in camper set ups out on the beach. I can't wait till I can spend the night in the pen and hit it hard all weekend.