80 posts in this topic

:) I hope everyone had a great 4th.

Waters have finally warmed up but we are still waiting for some consistent reports of bigger critters,,,looks like the croakers and spot are making a showing in the surf,,,still plenty of kings to catch.

:) Get your feet in the sand, go fish and have fun.

Well the croakers are abundant, so are the skate, waters were cloudy today and rough, still had three croaker within half hour of getting my lines wet, and of course the skate were on patrol.

Well the croakers are abundant, so are the skate, waters were cloudy today and rough, still had three croaker within half hour of getting my lines wet, and of course the skate were on patrol.
hey dave what kind of bait and set up were you using for the croakers.I tried to go after them last week and I thought my rigs were way to big because I didn't get squat except for skates..

Beer, I used a standard striper rig except with a 2/0 hook and fresh bunker as bait on one rod and on the other squid. It didn't matter how far out I casted.

I also reccomend bloodworm fishbites, i dont know how effective they have been lately, but they were SMASHIMG them last year!

Do you guys use circle hooks on your croaker/ kingfish rigs???

Did some yaking this afternoon into the evening with Sam,,

,a king, a handful of small spot, a couple skate and a small sandbar and probably one ray that spooled my 525 mag that I was using for kings, couldnt stop it, tightened the drag gradually and she kept on peeling the line off, finally tightened so tight and snap,,,also had some equipment malfunctions tonight, other than that, another great evening on the sand,,,BTW, water temps were a balmy 63*,,,probably too cold for large sandbars.

That water was pretty cold tonight. Come on global warming! :roll:

Isn't global warming supposed to be a bad thing??? :eusa_wall:

Isn't global warming supposed to be a bad thing??? :eusa_wall:

Not for sharkin! :tongue:

I would recommend a size 2 or 4 hook for kingfish and croakers. My 2 cents.

To catch kingfish and croakers I would recommend bloodworms, fishbites, fresh bait shrimp. Harbor Tackle now has fresh shrimp for bait.

wow thats cold water.i really hope it warms up so I can catch at least a couple sharks over 3 feet during the week. I'm going to go burn TONS of syrofoam to warm up the earth's atmosphere :)

JOKING!!!

why do you think the water is soo cold? I guess we just havent had enough consistant warm days?

believe it or not, a few months back the waters were warmer than they are now.

Hit the beach with the wife for awail today wind picked up later in the afternoon other then that just one nice day on the beach. Oh and not a bite just one or two flys :) and hoax love your avatar :roll:

went to the beach with the family and yakked baits out all day,,,nothing but small sandbars,,,water did warm up some,,,where are the large sandbars:mad: ,,,we need some warm water!

Scott, what was the temp?

Hit the beach with the wife for awail today wind picked up later in the afternoon other then that just one nice day on the beach. Oh and not a bite just one or two flys :) and hoax love your avatar :roll:

thank you

Sam, I never took the temp but it was definitley warmer than thursday,,,had to been in the upper 60's.

Alright, Thanks...

I'm headed out this afternoon if anyone wants to join me. Shouldn't be too far from the entrance. :)

Hit the sand around 7am this morning until almost 6pm and not even a tap. No fish and hardly any sun . :mad: :mad: :mad: :eusa_wall:

Sam sorry I did not have time to come out to AI today hope ya had a good trip... Maybe next time.

Fished for about 5 hours tonight with Egormothra (Oliver) and not a bump! I fished pretty hard with fresh shrimp, bunker, fishbites and sand flees. Nothing! Yakked out a piece of bunker and it was gone when I reeled it in. Had my first crash of the summer with a wave dropping out from under me... Felt like I was in a washing machine for a few seconds.

Heading out tomorrow afternoon for some more. :)

we got a 46 inch shark after yakking out past the bar nice fight had fun with it wanted more though... nothing else hit saturday afternoon. no idea on the species but it had a huge top tail fin almost 14 inches itself looked like a small threasher tons of little teeth.