28 posts in this topic

I have been passing out business cards to the local tackle shops and folks seem to love them! If anyone is interested in having a few to put in your wallet or even take to your local tackle shop (we'll set up a forum just for them) let me know, and I'll send you as many as you want. Delmarva is a big place and I'm having trouble covering it all by myself. :eusa_wall:

PM me if you are interested, please.

This is what they look like: <---FRONT--->BACK

5852a4de060bb_card3-16-05.jpg.7e170ba766

5852a4de087f4_card3-16-05-2.jpg.9b2f281c

yup, I picked some up at Bev's awhile back. been handing them out, down to @12

Hey that is how I found this site, got one from bucks place a few months back then I lost the card, when i found it i joined. I would like a few just pm me so we can work out how to get it to me.

Okay, lets do it like this: PM me how many you want and your mailing address. I'll send them to you with a plastic business card holder as well (or more).

Now, the reason I am doing this is pretty obvious, I would like more people to join the site... But.... There is a story behind this method.

A few years ago, I was on a fishing site. I was brand new (well after a 10 year hiatus) and was very interested in getting back into the surf fishing scene. I was a "green horn" on a well established site and I was like a kid in a candy shop. I wanted to promote that site as best I could and told every fisherman I saw. Finally, I asked the Administrator of the site if I could get some site business cards to distribute. He basically blew me off like I didn't matter or he didn't need any help. So... Now I'm going to try it my way.:)

Sam, just bring some to the "fling" on the 28th for me. no sense in wasting postage for me:)

ditto what Randy says - bring some for me at the fling....

I will have plenty at the fling. :)

Yeah, I know how that works. But that sure won't happen here to any of these members! I'll grab some from ya when I come down...

I asked the Administrator of the site if I could get some site business cards to distribute. He basically blew me off like I didn't matter or he didn't need any help.

Dave, when are you gonna go fishing again? I haven't seen you out in a while? Looking forward to heading out with ya again soon.

will try to get out this Friday, but for sure on the 28 just been bussy work and all

Sorry, I broke my own rules about hijacking a thread. Okay, back to the business cards...

Shame shame Sam, have you thought about mailing some out to some of the bigger bait and tackle shops? Greentop just off 95 at the atlee elmont exit, Maybe some in VA beach etc....

That is a good idea, Jeff. Thanks. :)

And what about BPS???

Dunno' how they would feel, seeing as it's a big chain-type store, but ya never know....

Yeah Sam hook me up with a bunch, I have been telling everyone I know about this site. Would be nice to hand them a card.

I'm not sure BPS would do anything with them....Probably have legal issues with supporting a site like this...you know how those big companies can get. I'd take a bunch, but Manassas is pretty lame in the Bait and Tackle arena, I have Dick's and Walmart to choose from when I need something. Sheesh, I promote yours more than I promote mine Sam LOL :cool:

how about gander in salisbury? do they allow it?

you could hold a seminar there and get some advertising that way.

or even a meeting like eastern shore jeeps has. might get some interest

I will be more then happy to hand some out to the bait shops etc. around here. This is a awesome site and have learned a lot in the little time i have been here. I could get them from you at the G2G if you like.

Roger, I have talked with the Store manager of Gander and have a few associates here on the forum. I haven't seen them lately, but I hope they let me know when they run out of cards.

Jeff, thanks buddy. [sIDE NOTE, NOT A HIJACK] I gotta get out there and fish with you again. Actually, I don't think I've ever fished with ya? Unless you can count standing around, drinking beer, talking it up and just about freezing to death. LOL.

I can remember you saying, "Ahhh, those poles are down there somewhere (in the dark) If somethin's gonna get hooked, it's stay on there until I get to it. :D

Yeah, no doubt......I'm still trying to find a weekend that I can make it out there again.....hopefully not too far off in the future

I sent out a few packs of Business Cards today. If you would like some, please PM me, not on this thread.

Thanks for the help.

Sam

Are you going to bring some to the G2G also to give out?