8 posts in this topic

Hello all, I am new to the various sites on the coast. My father-in-law bought a house in Berlin so I can make a lot of trips to AI for fishing. First time I've ever fished the spring run! Looking foward to the fall run. I've had to upgrade my tackle, just bought a couple of conventional setups for heads and heavy weight. What a blast it was in the spring! I can only fish the walkovers at AI but I found some good water where I caught some nice fish, including a 37"striper. Just starting to feel my way around.

Been following Sams exploits with the sharkin this summer. While I don't yak out baits my son did catch a nice 5'er one night. I never knew the sharkin was so good off the beach!

Hope that grass leaves soon so someone can catch some fish!

Welcome aboard!

You've got all winter to gear up for summer sharkin, maybe even grab a yak and carry it over the crossover, they're only about 40-45 lbs.

Be sure to get out there as much as you can for the fall run. The grass will disappear and the fish will be hungry!

Steve...

Welcome esoxangler. I just switched over to a convential setup and I am liking it! I was even looking at a Penn 525 tonight and almost took it home, but I'll wait. :D

Yeah, we'll do some serious sharkin this coming summer. Get ready for the fall striper run! It's gonna be fun.

Welcome aboard esoxhunter :D . Eso, I just started this spring with conventional and will never go back. Other than some backlashes I've had, they have been great,,,right Sam :wink: . Sam, feel free to try out my 525's,,,I love those reels,,,BTW, fished only a few hours yesterday and the gras was not even a problem,,,cant wait to start getting out there on a regular basis,,,too many darn projects going on at home,,,the list keeps growing!

Thanks for the welcome. I hope to get back to AI soon, maybe next weekend and give it a go. Do you guys striper fish at night in the cooler weather also? The spring was the first time I fished the beach at night. Pretty cool stuff.

I fished last fall right up until Jan 1. It does get a little chilly, but you dress accordingly and its all good.

November at night,,,cow time,,,regardless of air temp and weather,,,I am out there,,,I just dress appropriatley. Caught my last striper 5 days before Christmas and fished a little in the winter with nothing caught until the middle of March,,,which was a skate and fished all the time after that,,,really only 2 1/2 months of no real fishing for me.

Thats great to hear! I am really looking foward to fishing the surf this fall. I usually fish freshwater all winter so I don't mind the cold. You guys use neoprene waders when the water cools down? I assume you do.

I'm heading down this weekend. I like to fish early and late in the day, the tides look sweet, got the high in early morning and at about dusk. Should be able to get into something. Be out early and late both Saturday and Sunday, hope I can get fresh bait. Those big rays still hanging around?