Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jet Ski Brian

Fat Cat Attack!

3 posts in this topic

yahoopng-1.jpgaolpng-1.jpgaimpng-1.jpgfacebookpng-1.jpgshare_save_171_16png-1.jpg

I had a great morning tagging along with Capt. Tony of Keepin It Reel Charters. I told Tony I had never caught a big Catfish on my jet ski, he said he could help change that The last time I had gone freshwater fishing was almost 7 years ago so I was looking forward to giving it a try.

We dropped at a ramp off of Rt 5 in Williamsburg early and went straight to catch some fresh shad for bait. After that I shadowed Tony and crew around the James River and fished several spots anchoring up and putting out multiple lines on fish finder rigs using cut bait.

It was slow for me early on but around mid day just about as I was about to doze off one of my rods bent over. After about five minutes of pulling, I finally coaxed him to the surface and barely got him in the net. It was a nice fat 43 inch Catfish that I would guess was 43-45 pounds.

A little while later I caught a smaller 8 pounder.

Tony and crew also caught a couple nice ones.

It was 26 degrees when I left and 46 when I got back. Very calm up in the river compared to the Bay and ocean that I fish most of the time.

Had a great time, thanks Tony for the advice, bait and putting me in the right place.

Here are some pictures from today.

tonycastnet1520x245-1.jpg

tonycastnet520x390-1.jpg

netwshad520x390-1.jpg

shadbait-1.jpg

fishfinderrig666520x390-1.jpg

jetskispread-1.jpg

catonhook520x389-1.jpg

brianwithcatfish556520x390-1.jpg

catfish445-1.jpg

keepinitreel556520x390-1.jpg

caton223520x391-1.jpg

catinhand33520x390-1.jpg

Click here for short video of Running Up The Chick

yahoopng-1.jpgaolpng-1.jpgaimpng-1.jpgfacebookpng-1.jpgshare_save_171_16png-1.jpg

Cat fishin' from a jet ski.. What next? Pretty cool, Brian.