Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sureshot43

Just bought a new combo

3 posts in this topic

We're heading down to Florida for a vacation, so I took the opportunity to buy a couple of combo's. 1st one is an 8' St. Croix Triumph surf rod that I put a Cabelas Salt Striker reel with 17 lb. line. This is the most I have ever spent on a rod. I have found lately that I always grab my 8 footer when heading to the beach,and the Okuma I had broke.

The 2nd combo is a 7' Penn Allegiance inshore rod and a Penn Fierce 4000,and 12 lb line. I am going on My first ever guided trip down there,and even though tackle is provided,I might take this one along. Looks like We'll be primarily after Reds and Flounder.

We are leaving Thursday,and for the first time in years,I am looking forward to Valentines Day!!

Good luck! Sounds like you've got the right stuff! Let us know how it goes.

I had gotten a bunch of Cabelas Gift certificates for X-Mas,so the reels came from there. The rods I got at Susquehanna Fishing Tackle in Lancaster,Pa. They were actually $10 cheaper for the St Croix than Cabelas. I have to give a thankyou to Mike,who spent quite a while educating me about the rod choices. Next time the finances allow,I will be buying a new Penn Liveliner from them. Just kind of ran out of $$$ this time.