greasemonkey54

North or South OC?

7 posts in this topic

I've been killing some slow time at work reading old reports of various sites and see a trend, It seems most fish are caught on AI followed by the beaches of north OC. I never here about the southern beaches of OC. Is there a reason people fish north oc over south oc or is it just a coincidence? I understand you still need to find structure and that makes a huge difference.

Maybe because there are more condos in North OC? Not sure about the structure on the OC surf. If you can get on/around the bar, there is a good chance that is where the fish would be - both N and S.

Could be, I always fish within a few blocks of where I stay, depending on where looks best.

I would say the activity levels in south ocean city make a difference as well. Theres a huge draw for a younger crowd in south O.C. I dont know about you guys but one of my peeves is if I'm on the beach early morning or late night and people walk right in front of me, usually into my lines. This is much less of an issue in North O.C. and Assateague. However, I know alot of guys that fish the inlet both from land and on boats and I know the pier produces good fish so I dont think the fish prefer certain areas, just the fisherman.

Thanks, I had my best production last year columbus weekend on 3rd street. I normally see people running or walking and most don't walk behind me or pay attention to where the lines are.

in my opinion south oc is to crowded for most to fish. north oc isnt as restricted by the board walk, pier, etc. just my two cents.

Grease Monkey, In my humble opinion the North OC beaches are just easier logistically. If you got to the walkover at 139th st it is a relatively short walk out to get set up. There are usually people out, but not as many and they never bothered me. I had one of my better days on the surf right there a few years ago.

But one thing is for sure, as long as you are fishing anywhere, you can't lose.

Good luck and see you on the beach.