Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jet Ski Brian

Grass Is Not Always Greener and Pad Thai Striper

3 posts in this topic

yahoopng-1.jpgaolpng-1.jpgaimpng-1.jpgfacebookpng-1.jpgshare_save_171_16png-1.jpg

Yesterday morning I dropped my ski at Rudee Inlet in Virginia Beach and went about 16 miles offshore looking for some Tuna action and maybe some whale sightings. On the way out I went across a lot of bait marks that were only 2-3 miles off the beach.

I did not not see much in the area of the Chesapeake Light Tower so after 30 minutes I turned around and went right back inshore.

There were a lot of boats that were still going way East. Further than I wanted to go in the winter offshore on my pwc.

Glad I went back in, the bait was still there and very thick. The birds were going nuts diving in, an airshow I always love to see.

I caught four Dog Sharks, then a nice 40 inch Striped Bass. I caught two more dogs before the birds broke up and the catching slowed down.

Sometimes the grass is not always greener on the other side if the hill. Though I do not mind running some distance to find fish.

I do not know if anyone got into the tuna yesterday but I had a good time inshore chasing birds and bait. Saw a couple others catching before I went in at noon.

Here are a couple pictures from my trip.

skiatclt-1.jpg

lotsofbirds4456520x200-1.jpg

inflightgannet520x390-1.jpg

gullwithfish520x390-1.jpg

gimmee33520x388-1.jpg

tony43455520x390-1.jpg

loosenup4455520x390-1.jpg

brianwrock44567520x390-1.jpg

Pad Thai Striper!

Last night we had our grandson over for dinner. He likes fish so he was coming to the right place to cure his appetite.

Here is how I cooked it up.

Of course I had to go out yesterday morning and catch a Striper first. Luckily I found the birds working right off of Virginia Beach.

gannetdive4456520x219-1.jpg

The birds were catching more than me.

gimmee520x390-1.jpg

Luckily I hooked up to a nice Striper and got him to my ski.

brianwrock334520x392-1.jpg

I brought him home and showed him what a knife looks like.

rockondock389x520-1.jpg

Chunked up several pieces and cooked them in a skillet with some Pad Thai Sauce.

I also made rice and stir fried some noodles with shredded veggies and soy sauce.

inskillet445520x390-1.jpg

Four of us ate all of our PAD THAI STRIPER.

padthairock-1.jpg

yahoopng-1.jpgaolpng-1.jpgaimpng-1.jpgfacebookpng-1.jpgshare_save_171_16png-1.jpg

That pad thai sounds awesome! I'm going to get my wife to make some when I get into the stripers again. She loves pad thai.