Dave

January 2013 fishing reports

7 posts in this topic

Happy New Years to all and hope the holiday season has been good to everyone. January is usually very slow but if anyone decides to head out we would love to hear your reports to help ease the itch a little. Im sure there are a few striper around as long as the water temps dont dip to low. As always if you do get out post your reports fish or no fish, just remember be safe and have fun. we look forward to hearing your posts.

I'm not fishing the ocean yet but did get my 1st fish of 2013. I was fishing the Magothy River yesterday and caught 2 chain pickerel, one at 19inches and the other was 21inches. I am ready to fish the surf now but probaly won't be there until May.

Well may is prime time for striper, black drum. If your looking for a fishing bud look me up

I would love to get into a surfside striper or black drum! I will be down for the car show and if will get atleast 1 morning to fish, hopefully 2. July I should be down for longer and would love to tangle with some toothy ones!

Look me up I'd be glad to take ya out

Headed all the way down to the fence on Sunday. It was a Fantastic day for Mid January, near 56 degree's all afternoon and sunny. Had my family with including the Dog's first trip to the beach and they all enjoyed it thoroughly.

As for the casting/fishing, got some frozen bunker and mullet from Alltackle. Got some good casts with the Power Pro Hollow Acefinger trap splices, and managed a little pullage from 3 hungry Dogfish. All 3 were in the 25" range. The third one actually put up the best fight and took some drag when he was in the top of the wave. All 3 hit the Mullet, nothing touched the Bunker.

Good day all the way around, it was worth the effort to get there for sure.

I hope to get there again soon.

Thanks for the report, Bill! Glad you had a nice time.

It's gotta be like a private vacation spot down there this time of the year!