5 posts in this topic

Hello again, haven't posted for a while now, but have a question.

I see all of these folks drifting for flounder off of the route 50 bridge.

With the surf fishing seeming to slow down, I was wondering if anybody knew anything about bridge fishing for flounder.

Most seem to use some kind of stick bobber and an umbrella rig. I have no idea how to rig one of these up, how much weight to use, etc. Any info would be great.

very easy to rig up.... you can get everything you need at Delmarva sports center or I think bev has the rig at Harbor tackle. I use a 2 hook rig with some flounder hooks that come with the little spinners already on them and I think a 3/4 oz weight just enough to hold the bobber down. let it drift with the tide and wait for MR. Flounder to hit. Make sure you have a drop net and if you read my story in the fishing story thread becareful not to drop your rod when you are trying to get the big one in the net.

Thanks, figured it out and got two 18 inchers today along with a couple of throwbacks. Not bad considering water clarity after the storm a couple of nights ago.

The funny thing was that I was in a boat the next day and didn't get a bite. No fish from the boat, 2 from the brigde. Go figure:eusa_wall: