Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dave

december 2012 fishing reports

7 posts in this topic

Sry a little late but for the most of us the Striper run has been a little slow. I know of a few being caught from the surf but its just a matter of right place right time. With the warmer weather we should hear of a few to venture out. Post your reports here fish or no fish. Most of all have a happy holidays, be safe and have fun.

Fished last friday afternoon and caught nothing, not even anibble...fished again on Tuesday...I managed a couple shorts, some doggies and skates...my dads friend, who I was fishing with, did get a nice keeper.

glad to hear someone is catching, not sure i can build the motivation to head out again this season but then again you never know.

fished AI from 1145am till 330pm, all riggeged up for large stripers, caught 9 puppy drum from 12" - 24". missed alot more, wish i'd brought some lighter rods, only saw 3 other trucks on the beach. reason for late start > tide was all the way to the markers, had to wait about 45 min for tide to fall. dense fog all day. stiil a great day on the beach, probably my last trip for the year. JOHN

The Rangers frown upon parking on the other side of the markers, even if it is only 6 inches difference, your not in the traffic lane,there aren't any dunes, and the tide is up enough to wash away a pick up. I guess they would rather not have business on the beach that day?

Keep Fishing!

Today, two shorts at 27, not much else yet. Nice day on the beach, can't complain with temps in the 60's in mid December.

Today, two shorts at 27, not much else yet. Nice day on the beach, can't complain with temps in the 60's in mid December.

Did better then me Dave...was a nice day, but no fish for me.