Dave

angler of the month

43 posts in this topic

Alright, got an idea to liven things up a bit. Id like everyone who goes out to post pics of their catch. At the end of each month ill post the angler of the month. That'll give ya bragging rights among your peers, at the end of the year or next November ill post the angler of the year. To win, post pics of your catch, contribute to the site with your posts, questions, etc. Tell us amount of time fishing and all factors will be included. Give me your thoughts.

I think it's a great idea! Now, I just need to go fishing... :dontknow:

Sounds good Dave.. I had that going a few years back but ran in to some problems where I could not keep up with it...

That's why I started it again. I thought back of all the things I really loved of this site and that was one of them. So come on guys start posting those pics.

Well looks like November belongs to coop, he caught a nice 42 inch Striper yesterday. Way to go bro, you've definitely earned it. Coop is now eligible for angler of the year which shall be decided next November. Keep em coming.

Scott is the Striper King. Nice job, buddy.

Looks as if December is gonna go to oneshot308 with his 9 puppy drum this month, i had two short striper but 9 puppy drum with a few keeper size in the mix this time of year is almost unheard of, a few days left this month so its still anyone's to take but so far oneshot308 has it. way to go bud!

Nice job! You must have put in the time. :icon_rambo:

Thanks guys, even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then. hope we have some warm weather so i can get back out on the sand. JOHN

Jan's angler of the month is actually a tie. This is awarded to the two guys that braved the cold to get out and fish. Grossy and Greasemonkey you guys deserve it not because of the catches as much as the great sportsmanship you guys shown to go out and brave the cold. glad you guys both caught. look forward the spring it wont be long now. Congrats guys, keep on posting.

No problem buddy, you deserve it

Last day of the month, anyone get any fish this month? I caught some stocked trout and some more pickerel including a fat 23" fish. Nothing salty for me yet this year.

You may have it greasemonkey, I didn't even wet a line, but that is going to change for March and I plan to tear it up in April. :) Look out!

agreed greasemonkey you got it for feb. no other reports. im hoping to get out soon.

Thanks again! Hoping for a little competition this month! With that said, off to try and catch some march fish!

Really starting to get the itch to get back out and give you guys a run.

I can't wait to see some reports! Plenty of picks and crappie out there if you want some light pullage, its not quite the sharks but those picks got some teeths. lol

I'm going to have to say angel of the month goes to grease monkey for march, three rainbow trout beat my short striper and two cats way to go buddy.

Angler of the month, damn autocorrect

haha, i prefer angler, not angel. lol On march 30 I added 8 more trout to seal the deal!

So far Allen has the lead for may, still some time left though. Get out and post your results to qualify!