9 posts in this topic

My brother (the big bad bass fisherman) is down for the week and wants to do some bass fishing..... I am up for it but other than the pokamoke I am not sure of any great spots.... any help would be great.

might try the upper Potomac, from DC south to Indian Head but the recent heavy rains have muddy the water and alot of debris arround. might also check-out the Northeast river or the Sasafrass, both are above Connawingo(sp) so the water should be cleaner and less debris....oh, also the upper Chester river around Chestertown and the upper part of the Choptank, but again due to the rains, these rivers might still be a bit dis-colored.

POTOMAC...............but the rains might have slowed it really bad

check out the upper chesapeake too.....there are also a bunch of resiviors............good luck

you usin a boat? where are you located?

I am down here in OC. I do have a small jon boat. we hit the pokeamoke wednesday I got skunked (typical for me while bass fishing:eusa_wall: ) my brother caught 2 small largemouth, and mom caught a perch. I just can't seem to get the hang of working all the different lures, and my pin point casting really could use some help( stoopid trees :eusa_wall: ) I was almost relived when advance called and said my parts were in for the truck.

Have I mentioned before that I DESPISE largemouth fishing? Give me a smallmouth any day of the week. Twice the fight and alot easier to predict and find. I'm more about catching. Why take the time to learn a really picky fish when I can run out and find a better fish anytime I want? I'm gonna be doing some serious smallmouth fishing next month up in Ontario, can't wait :D

broad creek is a sweet bass area. i used to fish alot of the delaware ponds, there are some decent bass there, easy access for a jon boat

hahah thats the fun part...........finding them

and thats why one day i wanna get paid to do it...........haha it could happen?????????!!!!!!!!!!!!:eusa_pray:

The Upper Cheasepeake Bay (Susky Flats)...Rated as a top big mouth bass area.