7 posts in this topic

I asked this over on SOL and didn't get a good answer:confused: so I'll post it here.

as some of you know, I'm new to the surf fishing sceen and my one rod, 11' Tica is a tad long in the butt for my short arms. is it ok to cut down the butt maybe 2" o 3" and not hurt the performance of the rod?

I would be concerned about chipping the lightning rod, er, I mean pole at the cut location. What would you use to cut graphite?

If its to long for ya, nothing wrong worth taking a couple inches off,,,I dont think you will notice to much of a difference in performance if you originally just find it to long to start off with,,I have done it with one of my rods,,,you'll just need a new butt cap.

I would be concerned about chipping the lightning rod, er, I mean pole at the cut location. What would you use to cut graphite?

That is a good question, Steve. I wondered the same thing. I guess coop ain't afraid of NOTHIN! :D

ok, thanks guys. I'll mask the area over and use a die-grinder wth a carbide cut-off wheel to wack-off my butt:D

either a die grinder or a really fine bandsaw blade.... but definitly mask it off first either way.

I didnt mask mine,,,the cork tape was sufficient, but I guess its better to be safe than sorry.