Dave

october 2012 fishing reports

31 posts in this topic

Well with red drum in its wind down stage, there is still time to try n catch a few. Still an abundance of fish in the surf and surprisingly still a few shark. The end of Oct should start bringing in the first of the Striper so get out and fish while the temps are still warm. Post all reports we wanna here em.

stopped at lucky angler yesterday and picked up bait and some new sand spikes, ( super prices ), fished AI in the rain and sprinkles, caught 1 shark and several blues, missed 4 huge take downs. now getting ready for 2 weeks on Ocracoke Island, NC. JOHN

Hi everyone I want to thank you for your support ! It has been awesome seeing each and everyone of you ! Fishing has been awesome , hopefully I will get out this week and have some news for you . Keeping in stock a variety of fresh and live bait !! taking orders for tournaments. Like us on FaceBook Lucky Angler Bait & Tackle Inc. !!!! or Friend me Shanan Rogers .

fished today...12's to hold, grass and current...did manage a nice red and some nice size blues.

just for fun, kinda boring...suprised how long the fight was...had no idea my dads friend was filming this until the end...didn't even know he had a camera

On AI yesterday afternoon, managed a couple good sized blues, a couple kingfish and one tough ass little puppy drum. Enjoyed one of the last real warm days for awhile.

Scott

WOW that was intense. That fish did not quit. Awesome film. Nobody on the beach as far as I could see. Doesn't get any better than that. Man that was too cool. Must have been a hidden leftover current cause the waves didn't look all that. Thanks for sharing What a cluster of lines you had to weave around. Good job. Best post ever and I'm going bowhunting tomorrow???? Congrats I knew you were gonna get one.

Scott

WOW that was intense. That fish did not quit. Awesome film. Nobody on the beach as far as I could see. Doesn't get any better than that. Man that was too cool. Must have been a hidden leftover current cause the waves didn't look all that. Thanks for sharing What a cluster of lines you had to weave around. Good job. Best post ever and I'm going bowhunting tomorrow???? Congrats I knew you were gonna get one.

Dave, didn't look like the surf was big, but trust me, it was up early in the am...guess it was the camera...it was head high and bigger on sets with the current/grass making it difficult to hold. I was worried cause my 12 oz's was running up my main line and a little grass on it...I thought I was tangled in my pops line at one time but it was actually the weight up pass the main line and the grass giving it that weird feel...I was sweating it when I saw the tail and the weight was still on the main line...guess I should use a bead. Good luck bow hunting.

Yea I lost a fish in the tourney cause I forgot my bead as caused running line to nick on the outer bar and break just after I turned her. My weight must have been many yards up my line. Was a nice pig too.