20 posts in this topic

Hey guys do u use any audible or visual strike indicators at night, i know obviously the rod thats screaming line off of it is a good hint. but say its windy. And you cant hear too much.

Mostly at night, I only fish with one rod and it's stuck in my hand unless it's time to de-Miller time. Then it's clicker on or in spiiner terms baitrunner on.

i use little green glow sticks that clip to the end of the rod.

in the P.M. I use small glow sticks on the tips of my rods that I tape on.

ok great, im makin shark rigs right now! 10/0 owner offset circles on 80 lb steelon leader. 10-4 on that

Meat?

Is this for tossing or yaking out?

See the threads on making the rigs, 80# might be too light...

I use the glow bracelets. Dollar stores have 'em a buck for 6, but they are different colors and blue is terribly dim. Ya can order them online, cheaper and all the same color.

Also, Bev has a package of 2 clip on LEDs for the tips. $13.00 for 2 lights with spare batteries. They come with a blue LED but I changed mine to red and yellow.

i got a yak but im kinda iffy on doin it

I can understand that. Get used to it in the surf before trying to yak out any baits. One bad crash can land you upside down tangled with a hook stuck in your gut. :shock:

Ah, Sam? That was my leg....:D

Meat, if you do the ORV there is a trail you can drive to the bayside right below the bullpen. You can throw the yak in there to play before launching on the ocean side.

Sam was with me the first time I ever sat in a yak, and it was a day with 4-5' breakers. It was hard to learn but I did, even with a few crashes.

I was able to get the bait out there and so happy to do it. It was sooo nice being out there, gosh, it was just SO schweet!

A bit of practice with someone else there to help ya and you'll be yaking baits out!

It's really cool to do it at night... Lots of glowing stuff in the water too.

Just post in the "Join Me" section and hook up with another yaker.

Just ask Sam about my yakking adventures, I am still trying to get the bait out there without tangleing the lines...... well I did jump right into 2 lines at a time but it is taking some practice, at least it is fun practice:D :D :D

just bring it down and leave it at my place and ill practice doin it for ya. :D

I use the glow sticks or I use my white pole with a good lantern in the background

i just put stacks on my truck i aint gonna have nuff time yto rig up a carrier for it, i can bring my jet ski! i was cranking some monster swell 3 weeks ago out for the south jetty. ill get your bait out there and quick! hammer down!

i just put stacks on my truck i aint gonna have nuff time yto rig up a carrier for it, i can bring my jet ski! i was cranking some monster swell 3 weeks ago out for the south jetty. ill get your bait out there and quick! hammer down!

Hmmmm....:)

Great idea Meat! But ya got to go real slow so we don't get a bird's nest. Anyone have a Zodiac? Now THAT would be fun!

maybe ill make a rack and bring my yak 11'6 mainstream patriot sit inside i got a spray skirt too.

I have a zodiac/access to one. It's too big IMO, it would be of great use during the fling though.