Mvenarch

Late September AI Fishing

2 posts in this topic

Ok guys, so I'm planning a trip to camp out on Assateague between Sept 22-26 and was wondering what kind of fishing I'd be looking at from the surf/rt. 50 bridge/Ocean City Inlet? I've been going to Assateague every year for roughly the last 10+ years (always around Mid July) and have muddled around with some surf fishing and from the wall in Ocean City (flounder/kings/croakers/blues and the most recent of years the occasional shark at night) and a giant ray in the inlet as well. I'd like to give some other things a shot (never fished the rt. 50 bridge) but I'm not sure what I should be worried about what fish to be keying in on? I love the sport of catching sharks at night, but am just as into catching fish that I can grill over an open fire for dinner. Any pointers/tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

you can catch stripers and blues from the bridge at night, usually flounder during the day. Usually lures such as gotcha plugs and gulp swimming mullet on jigs heads is the way to go.

in the surf big Red Drum might be there, so as far south as possible.

Good luck!