Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jet Ski Brian

Freeport Here I Come!

2 posts in this topic

The end of this week, if all goes well (weather) I am going to make the Atlantic crossing from Boynton Beach Florida to Freeport Bahamas. Boynton is close to West Palm Beach. I will be making the trip on my 2012 Yamaha FXHO PWC along with two of my friends Todd and Dean, they will also be on jet skis. It will be almost an 80 mile trip from dock to dock. I have a range of 160 miles on my modified skis so fuel should not be an issue. I am also very safety conscious an will be carrying all the appropriate safety gear, such as VHF, flares, Epirb, Spot GPS Tracker ect... If all goes well, we will stay there for a week and then come back. We are prepared to leave late or come back early if the weather does not cooperate. Two months ago I made a trip across from Miami to Bimini, this will be a lot further. I have done over two hundred miles in one day on my jet ski. The plan is to fish our butts off for seven days! We will also be doing some free diving (Dean is avid 100 plus foot free diver so if any thing falls over board he can retrieve it. Ha!) Todd has been there before so at least one of us has a visual idea of where to go. We have been talking and planning this since last year. I have never been to Freeport Bahamas. So if anyone has suggestions of "You Gotta Do This" while you are there, please let me know. I want to make the best of this, trip day and night. Here are two of the skis I am taking, Dean will ride one of mine. brianstwoskis-1.jpgbrianskionliftfront-1.jpgbriansskionlift-1.jpgbrianjetskiatdock-1.jpg Here is Todd's Rigged Yamaha; toddwestinshoals-1.jpgtoddatcbbt-1.jpg

Good luck, I know you guys will have fun! Be safe stay safe !Drop some pictures after you return!