10 posts in this topic

I am currently working on getting the site supporter management program online. You may not see your icon until I am finished.

I have made a few changes with the donation procedure. Previously, I had set it up to direct you to pay-pal and you could choose the amount. I had to manually keep track of all donations, set up the user rank for each donation and some folks were donating more than others (not that I'm complaining). :)

I have changed it to a subscription based donation. If you would like to be a Delmarvafishing.com subscriber, basically, you are subscribing for one year. The cost is $20. For that $20 you get a little icon that states you are a supporter of Delmarva Fishing next to your user name. That's it. :D

Registered members who do not subscribe get the same benefits as a subscriber (PM, avatar, signature and all that stuff). I'm not doing this to try to lure folks into subscribing, I'm just giving them a way to show appreciation to the site... In other words, no gimmicks. :rolleyes:

For those of you who have already donated more than $20, your subscription has been pro-rated for the length of time. Some of your subscriptions don't expire until January, 2011!

So, with all that said, I just want to thank all of you for not only your support, but just helping out and being here for us.

Sincerely,

Sam Kilgore

Site Designer

I have opened up this thread for suggestions. Please let me know if you have any input on this.

Seems like a logical progression as the site grows...and the pro-rating idea seems like a fair way of handling the transition.

That is exactly what I thought. As the site grows and membership and sponsorship grows, I can't handle all the footwork that this new forum option handles.

Also, for now I am trying to keep the advertising, in your face pop-up crap off the board.

Thanks for your feedback, Steve.

ok I am not worried about subscribing so much But can I still just make a regular contribution? I know this isn't cheap and I want to help as much as I can.

You can give me bait anytime you want!:D

ok I am not worried about subscribing so much But can I still just make a regular contribution? I know this isn't cheap and I want to help as much as I can.

yak renting/loaning (to a moderator or admin) is another way of contribution:D

I just checked. If you donate twice, it just extends your subscriptions another year.:)

anytime Randy anytime at all.:D