Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jet Ski Brian

Fins and Feathers

2 posts in this topic

I took my jet ski out on Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I fished the buoys of the Baltimore Channel in the Chesapeake Bay using live eels for bait. I caught over thirty cobia in those three day, most of them being between thirty six and 45 inches. I kept one each day. This brings my season total to over a hundred cobia landed on my ski. This is my best year yet for quantity but not for size. It has been a blast! Yesterday was flat as glass in the morning and I manged cross the bay at 55 miles an hour. For the first time, by myself I free netted a 42 inch cobia that was following the one I had hooked. It was crazy as it went crazy. I let them both go. I also fished some structure at York River Reef catching a couple small Sheepshead. After fishing on Saturday morning I went back home and my wife and I went to New Point Comfort Light, we checked out the beach and a big school of dolphins. I also got some pictures of a bunch of Pelicans. jetskisunrise112-1.jpghookedeel-1.jpgbentrod5581-1.jpgcobiainwater557-1.jpgcobiaonski445-1.jpgsmallsheepshead-1.jpgsheepsheadteeth-1.jpgdolphininwater-1.jpgdolphinhead-1.jpgcindyanddolphin-1.jpgfourpelicans669-1.jpgpelican445-1.jpgpelicanonpole-1.jpgyoungpelican33-1.jpgtwopelicansonpoles-1.jpgpelicanoverme-1.jpg

100 cobia in one season? Amazing!