Dave

september fishing reports 2012

63 posts in this topic

Thx bro, it ain't gonna be the same out there without ya. BTW your spot looks fishy.

Fished south of the bullpen from 3 to 11 pm yesterday, didnt do much, a few kings was it. My neighbor to the south did manage a small drum though so thier around. And I did pick up a rod and reel combo from Lucky angler, so it was another great day overall.

You boys should be hitting it anytime as I put a 47" TL on the beach last night and Bucket put a 49" on the beach this morning down here in Va Beach. Go get em!

Way to go Dixie and bucket, I had a busy day on AI, 7 kings, 3 spot, small flounder, small sandbar and a 16" puppy drum.

can anyone tell me how the mosquito swarms are doing? carrying anyone off yet?

Skeeters arnt as bad just watch for west winds, tonight. Two sandtigers small, kings, one big spot.

tried to go out today, had drum on the brain. stopped by lucky anglers and headed out. steady wind was tolerable but the surf was absolutley brutal, couldnt hold a 6oz on bottom at all.

6 ounces would be lucky to hold on most days, I usually use 8 or higher, betting today 14 wouldn't hold.

I bet I could count on one hand who is on the island tonight. SHEW!

Good fishing everyone. been awhile since we heard of this many puppy drum hitting the beach.

All I gots ta say is rough, lol.