Dave

red drum tournament

23 posts in this topic

Well its getting close to that time of year again, lets get a running tally on who is going to this years red drum tournament the end of September.

I'm always in. Hope more fish caught this year like your last years single hog. I love the new hours.

Edited by Critter Gitter

The new hours make it a little easier. I'm definitely in as always. Look fwd to seeing ya Dave.

Dave, Do you have a flyer or more info about the tourney. I haven't found any info about it yet. Rich

It's always a good time. I miss judging the tournament, When AMSA took over they never got in touch with me except one time two days before the start by that time I made plans and since then they never got back in touch... Just might have to take a ride out over the weekend to see everyone.

Just got back. Great fishing with Grossy, hfd, rich60, Andrew k, and general. Fishing was very good with tons of blues, spot, kings,and puppy drum. I managed a 49" red Thursday morning prior to the start time. Wednesday night was insane with 7 sandtigers biggest at seven ft. One sandtiger Thursday morning, with sandbars and sandtigers in the Eve. Believe I Quonset biggest shark, bill Grossy landed a 20" blue. I think a total of 7 drum were landed with the biggest at 49" by critter fetter.

Dave once again Thanks for the incredible Hospitalityand being a good leader of sorts out there. General, Rich60 , Andrew K , Sam,And HFD60 Rich, It was great fishing with you guys and meeting a couple of you for the first time. I am worn out but had a blast. Fishing over all was good, but I think we all hoped for better. That sandblasting south wind yesterday was about the last straw for me in our Iron Man camping/fishing marathon. Good Stuff and for those of you pondering the Striper Tourney in November I think I am in.

Hope to see you all on the beach soon! Grossy

Hey Guys - just made it home a little while ago. Dave, Andrew K, General, Rich and Bill great fishing with you guys and hanging out during the tourney. I had a great time and caught lots of fish to boot. Sam it was good seeing you again. I am in for the Striper Tourney in November and looking forward to it. Dave congrats on winning biggest trash fish and Bill congrats on winning biggest Bluefish. Biggest Drum caught was by Critter Gitter at 49.5. Cheers until November.

good fishing everyone! Glad to see some Atlantic anglers on the leaderboard!

Has AMSA or Terry posted the official results anywhere? I have not seen them here or on the AMSA site...

hey all. great fishing and meeting everyone. we stuck it out and only caught some more sand tigers. if anyone got any pictures please send them too andrewfishing @ cox.net

again it was a blast, and Sam, glad you made it out!

Here are some pic's of the tourney.

IMG_8639_zpsa775546a-1.jpg

IMG_8636_zps6cd7512f-1.jpg

IMG_8632_zps2278c7f1-1.jpg

IMG_8631_zps68d479a0-1.jpg

IMG_8629_zpsa69538c7-1.jpg

IMG_8628_zps9cb455c5-1.jpg

IMG_8641_zpsa4d44398-1.jpg

IMG_8642_zps3652e64e-1.jpg

IMG_8644_zps62cb91b0-1.jpg

IMG_8647_zps6fe9e8e0-1.jpg

IMG_8649_zps014f9595-1.jpg

IMG_8658_zps48791e46-1.jpg

IMG_8662_zps6d611d7e-1.jpg

IMG_8665_zps35a46deb-1.jpg

IMG_8670_zps5b0a72a8-1.jpg

IMG_8680_zps3fc98c3c-1.jpg

IMG_8682_zpsf0a49a7a-1.jpg

IMG_8674_zps69db621c-1.jpg

IMG_8675_zpsac4e9cf2-1.jpg

It was great meeting everyone and fishing together. I had a blast and can't wait to do it again. Rich

Great Pictures, Rich! Thanks and it was good to see you all again.

i for one had a blast as always. if only that drum came about 6 hours later i would have been on top again, oh well. here are some of my pics.

IMG_0723_300x168.jpg.3385b54adfc4f2ac9c6

IMG_0754_200x112.jpg.0883a93369a432d1c10

IMG_0727_300x168.jpg.e53cdce799473aab4e2

IMG_0729_300x168.jpg.7a9b4067b39768503df

IMG_0734_300x168.jpg.3a48ba2e0f1592404b3

Great Pics guys. I forgot my camera. Had a blast and fished to total exhaustion. Was slim pickins for sure. There were pockets of drum. I assume they were on mini cuts which were hard to read on the NE. Sunday low tide they were obvious.

Dave,

Terry was talking to me when you called Sunday morning for him to witness your catch. I just knew it was a 50in Red. I have learned over the years it aint over until its over. When Terry came back my way he told me you caught a 72in ST. I knew you had to get biggest Shark. You been on em all summer. Was good to see you.

I think there were only 3 groups of us fishin that night and we all scored on the board. It was fishy on that wind shift I had one Sandtiger take me 1/2 mile down the beach and was only a nice 62in but fought like most 84in I have ever caught. Hopefully Terry will post my Drum pic.

Should be some fish caught this week.

Critter, glad you got yours,u deserved it bud. I've placed in the tourney for the past 4 years, winning last year. Mine just came a little to soon this year. Had a blast and can't wait to do it again next year.

Dave, congrats on the drum tho a little too early. When you texted, thought for a sec that the tourney already started...I was stoked for ya! Regardless when it was caught...still a nice fat drum!

Dave (cg) can always find the fish...nice critter! Probably made that long drive home much better with that red...even better, that it was caught @ 3am...congrats

I just don't know how you guys can fish that hard and long...congrats to all that caught.

Coop, ended up with sun poisoning, didn't sleep at all the 36 hours, its definitely the iron man of fishing.