Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jet Ski Brian

Fishing, Talking and TV

1 post in this topic

Had another great late afternoon/ evening yesterday. The Chesapeake Bay was glassy so I was able to run the buoys in quick order in search for some Cobia. It started off slow with only one small one after 6 sets. The last three buoys were much better, I caught three on one buoy alone with the last one being a keeper at around 40 inches. Total of six fish in two hours. I even managed to get a couple pictures of come cobia hanging and rubbing against a buoy, then I caught and released one of them. Most of the time they are under it and I do not see them till I am hooked up.

Two side notes;

Tomorrow I am guest hosting the Radio show "Fishing Tidewater" on WHKT AM 1650

http://www.1650whkt.com/

The host Don Lancaster just had knee surgery this week and asked if I would fill in for him. The Show is on from 7-9am Saturday.

Albert and Chad Martin of Martin's Custom Structures in Gloucester Virginia are going to be on the radio with me. Albert and son are true artist when it comes to welding and custom fabrication, they can make anything you think up. We will talk about custom rigging and of course fishing. Call in and give us a fishing report or story at 757-465-6700 or 757-454-1650.

I am fortunate to have been filmed for an Episode on a new show on called " Off The Hook; Extreme Catches" In the episode I show host Eric Young how to Jet Ski Fish offshore of Cape Hatteras North Carolina. The Episode will air this Sunday August 19th at 8pm on Animal Planet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7pJH4Z8qp0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Here are some pictures I took yesterday.

twocobiaonbouy-1.jpg

bentrod334-1.jpg

cobiainwater668-1.jpg

holdingcobia-1.jpg

kayakers448-1.jpg

twoheron448-1.jpg

skinnyheron-1.jpg

cobiaongrill44865-1.jpg