tcannon

Nothing in particular

3 posts in this topic

I am kinda new at the whole surf fishing thing, so I am just looking for some tips on how I might be able to catch something while I am at the beach with the family. Not looking to catch anything in particular right now, just trying to get the hang of it. This is what I am working with. I have a truck and a 11 1/2' caribou truck camper so getting there and spending the day is covered. I have one 12' rod, 2- 10' rods a 9' rod and 2- 7' rods neither of them are really high dollar rods but they work. We usually go to AI during the day and stay until the edge of dark. My wife and 14 yo son also love fishing, as long as we are catching something. So I guess my question is, is there just some basic rigs I can use that will up our chances of catching something? I have been told by a few that if we stay just past dark we could hit on a shark or two, and it seems that fresh cut bunker is the bait of choice. I use 20lb mono on my reels and have tried sand flees, blood worm, silver side and squid with not much luck, any and all help will be appreciated. Thanks guys, and maybe we will see on the surf... Tim:confused:

It was nice meeting you, hope the camper deck works out well for you. Hopefully we will see you on the beach at least once before we leave.

Thanks Jim, Hope to have the deck on by this weekend. We are seriously going to try for this weekend. And thanks a bunch for the tips you have already passed along. I am confident we will start catching. I wish it was as easy as "If I cast it they will come" haha. I will post a pic of the deck when I get it attached. Thanks again... Tim